Posted By Snarp Farkle 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Motion Capture Plug-in - iClone7 - Windows10 - Kinect Xbox OneV2

Author
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Bruce ..... I take it that this is the Kinect you're using (version 1):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/eef35bb8-6efa-4467-87d1-6a3e.png

From my understanding, version 1 uses USB 2 (though requiring most of the available bandwidth).
On the other hand, Version 2 has to go in via USB 3 because there's even more data being sent to the PC.  - That's why I was considering Version 1, (knowing I'd be on a laptop). But as you say, if the CPU and memory are up there - then hopefully all will be sweet.
It's nice you've got a basement area to set up your mocap ! At least you can leave it set up? - I'll have to 'unclutter' somewhere in my house - not sure where yet! 😩

◇◇◇ Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right. ◇◇◇  - Henry Ford

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
bruceberg
bruceberg
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hey Sonic7...I had to laugh reading your last post. We have a smaller house compared to most, so we use every bit of space available to us. So the declutter exercise you refer to is SOP hereSmile. I did purchase the Curve Editor plugin yesterday, hoping that it will be a useful tool to dramatically improve the smoothness of my character animations. I haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces yet, though. (grandkids weekend) When do you hope to have your Kinect up and running?
Regards...Bruce
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Bruce .... I should have all the hardware this coming week. Then I'll download the trial version of iClone's mocap plugin.
First hurdle will be whether or not my laptop will (can) take kindly to the Kinect .... If it won't (can't), - I'll have to go to 'plan B' ..... which I'm yet to work out ... Doze

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Well I've had other problems arise that had delayed my continuation of the Mocap trial, however today it is in the 70's and no rain so I set up my laptop and Kinect sensor and gave it a try. 

After connecting everything and starting the Microsoft Kinect for Xbox One, Kinect Mocap Plug-in_Xbox_One, and iClone7 I could not see anything in the "Device Mocap Plug-in" screen and could not select anything except the Connect button, this didn't do anything.  So I next tried the Kinect Mocap Plug-in_Xbox_One panel and it came alive!  I could see myself in the screen and all the buttons and check boxes were selectable.  After all this time it wasn't working! Angry 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2afdfb79-a2b2-4dd9-90fc-213c.jpg

To make a long, boring story short, I found that I must be connected to the internet to use this software and guess what I don't have in my new office?  Yeah no internet.  The wifi signal isn't strong enough to connect out there so I bought a wifi extender and am working on getting that to work now.  Not sure why this setup needs to connect to the internet, seems silly to me to restrict the plugin. Ermm

At least I now know that the Kinect for Xbox One sensor is working and hopefully by tomorrow I'll actually get a chance to try it out! w00t

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Great to hear from you ! (BTW, - I've now got my V2 mocap as well as the adapter - but won't get to set it up 'till next week) - meanwhile ...

..... - I'm a little confused ... (Quite normal for me ... Crying ...)
So I click on 'Animation' tab at the top left of the iClone 7.2 screen....
Then - from the drop-down list - I select 'Device Mocap', which opens the following panel:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2748f9c5-95c1-4a78-a422-2405.png

In this panel I see the options for selecting  ● Local ... and ... ● Network
So wouldn't that mean that it's possible to run the mocap 'locally' (without the need for internet?)
Also the Reallusion instructions* don't mention anything about internet connection ....
* https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/mocap/setup.html

Steve.

◇◇◇ All things are difficult before they are easy. ◇◇◇  - Thomas Fuller

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Local is what you want. Your Kinect will be directly attached to the machine you are doing the capture on.

The other setting would be if you have locally networked computers, and the mocap device is on a different machine than the one you are capturing with. I don't think it works over the internet.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for that clarification Rampa Smile .....

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Hey sonic7 and Rampa,

Thanks for pointing out that an internet connection isn't needed to run the plugin, I got that from the "Installation Page" evidently by mistake, I thought I was looking at the "Using the Mocap Plugin" page, my bad. Wow  I'll have to try again, perhaps there's a sequence in which file to activate first, maybe I did it all backwards from what I see in the Online Manual but hey, it's a learning curve thus the reason I started this thread!   Smile

@sonic7 - I did activate the device console through the animation menu and was able to connect to the sensor using the "Local" setting and could see my form with bones moving around as I was moving, now I see that I didn't follow the calibration sequence properly and that's most likely the reason for my failed attempt, I'll try again today to see if that works. 

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

w00t SUCCESS!

I was successful in getting the Kinect for Xbox One, the Kinect Mocap Plug-in, and iClone7 to work on my Lenovo G505 laptop, it was the calibration issue after all!  It was a little slow to react when previewing and recording with "Head Rotation" activated but not too bad really, it performed about as well as I expected it would. 

There's just not enough umph in this laptop to record a video while Mocapping sadly but I brought the animations into my desktop computer and can at least demonstrate how they turned out and what parts I will use after breaking them up and clean up.  Wink

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That's great to hear! Can't wait to (also) try the V2 - this coming week .... (I'm on my way out atm - but look forward to your further findings)....
Steve.

Reading This Topic