A Project I am working on.

Posted By ckalan1 7 Years Ago
Rated 4.5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
ckalan1
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
You are right about that. This is right off the assembly line. I am learning how to use Substance Designer. There is so much I have to learn. 
Craig

ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

I have been messing around with Substance Designer and here are some results. I still have ways to go but I am working on it.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9e274b15-8c43-4ab0-9e37-75e6.png
ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I can't figure out how to make a new post but since this is part of the project I am working on I will put it here.
This is a render of the rocket fuel manifold and routing system for the Transport Ship I am modeling for the CLICS project.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/83fd262e-fd6e-4904-ae2b-1e55.png
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
That is an elaborate model! I like the metallic look.

As to starting a new topic, go to the main page of a topic area and click "Post Topic".

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/eb14a5df-e964-4efd-9be0-4d65.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Love, love love your models ckalan1. 
I sure hope we'll be able to buy them. 
I'm working on a science toon for kids at the moment, where I'm trying to grab all the best techno assets I can find, but that garbage truck also looks great!
Does it have separate sub-props for wheels, doors and the bit at the back that scrunches the rubbish..?
It looks fantastic brand new, but if you also had a rusted/old version of it, then that model could also look very cool with the grunge/rust layer added to the blend map. 

Either way, thanks for adding your new project to this topic for the old one, because I had missed it the first time round.
Smile

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you so much. I appreciate the encouraging remarks. I am now working on the trailer for CLICS. I will be selling the assets that I make for the project. It looks like it will be a while before I get a good amount uploaded to the store. You can look at the website at http://clics.online
Edited
6 Years Ago by ckalan1
ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the tip Animagic. I know I stumbled upon that before but I could not for the life of me remember where it was. Now all I have to do is figure out which place is the right place to share my stuff.

Thanks again.
Craig

Edited
6 Years Ago by ckalan1
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Excellent work! Your website looks cool. 
That flickering in your lighting (in your website header video etc) can be tricky to fix, but there's a few different tricks that can help, 
(I just had to solve the same problem in one of my projects, caused mainly by the glow settings.) 

In  Project/Visual Settings you can try ticking "Supress light flicker" if you haven't already, 
but also rendering at 1920x1080 as an avi with Render Quality set to "Final Render" ,  Super Sampling ticked and Sample size switched up to 3x3... 

and if that doesn't work let me know and I'll dig up the suggestions from other folks who had the same problem but for different asset combinations. 

I think RL are working on a fix for it, so hopefully we'll have that soon, but best of luck with your project in the meantime!
Looking great! 
Smile 

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow that was weird... internet glitched and posted my reply twice...

so I deleted it manually... wish we could delete our whole posts, but it's not an option in this forums, please just consider this post to be like those hilarious last pages in some books which ironically say: 

"This page intentionally left blank"

LOL

Edited
6 Years Ago by Bleetz
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
We should have a special club for all of us that have double-posted due to the lag time of the forum. Tongue  We could call it "The You Got Me Club" 
I'm thinking we would need a really LARGE clubhouse. BigGrin

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee

Reading This Topic