Profile Picture

Finger Tips joint weights messed up on FBX to C4D

Posted By supafraud 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
supafraud
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hello, I have a problem when exporting from iClone to C4D using FBX (the C4D preset). It seems the finger tips are not weighter correctly and look mangled. Is there a work around for this?
UrbanCat68
UrbanCat68
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi there, I've got the same problem. I have just been putting IClone7 through its paces and every time I import an FBX file to C4d19 the fingers tips get deformed. If you unbind the skin it jumps back about 5mm on the Z axis and deformations disappear. I tried numerous times until the trial exports ran out. Didn't even get the chance to test trial exports from iclone7 in Alembic format.
Apart from that, the animation was running sweet inside cinema 4D19. So close, yet so far...
Attachments
Bound.jpg (425 views, 584.00 KB)
UrbanCat68
UrbanCat68
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Solved it!
Open up your FBX file in Cinema 4D. Go to Frame Zero.OpenUpHierarchy of bones on your model and locate Fingertips bones.(Not fL_Finger4Nub)
Turn off skin On your CC_Base_Body.  Click Weight expression tag on CC_Base_Body. Reset bind pose. Now both skin and bones should be in the T position. Go to your bone hierarchy select fingertip bones eg. L_Finger22 go to Coordinates rotation HPB And zero them all. Bones should then correct themselves with in the skin. Once you have done this for all fingers Go back to weight tag set bind pose and turn on skin. All should then be well.

Have fun BigGrin

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f2b6528a-30e4-4aac-b18a-8c5b.jpg

Reading This Topic