Which camera?

Posted By sterlingy 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Agreed.

sterlingy (10/6/2017)
I ended up getting the 922x because I wasn't interested in dealing with the BRIO problems that others were having. of course, it seems like those may have been solved. In the end, I will probably get a GoPro and build a headset as I think that will be the best solution. I'd like to find the headset helmet and arm that faceware has, without the camera and HDMI transmitter. $2500 is a ridiculous price.

-S

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 48 minutes ago
Did I post the link here or in another thread to that helmet cam a guy built out of a bicycle helmet and parts he said cost less than $20?  If you can't find that link, just Google it and I'm sure you'll see it (I just need to find my bike helmet :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I tried to do an helmet myself last weekend.  I had a bicycle helmet and a construction helmet. I feel that even with light components and a webcam the helmet tend to pull from the front. That's why many put a weight in the back.  But I decided that's it's not worth it, it is to heavy for a serious actor.
For now, I will stick to the standalone webcam in front of the actor. The tracking is quite good even if they move a bit and this will be a much better experience for them.   On top of that my audio recording booth wasn't build for body motion capture, so I prefer to do it as a second step process. 

Directing the actor to have the voice you are looking for and capturing the facial motion capture simultaneously is already great for me.
Eventually, I will buy a real facial mocap helmet.

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

berthunt
berthunt
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I've tried two different webcams. Both of them don't go higher than 15 fps. At first I thought it was because I bought a cheap 35 dollar webcam. So I ordered a 75 dollar one and it has the same problem. The 75 dollar cam arrived today. It's the Logitech 925 e. I'm doing a fairly low resolution, but so far no matter what the resolution is set to, the framerate drops from 30 to 15ish in about a second or two of starting up Faceware Realtime for iClone. 

Any suggestions?

matrix77
matrix77
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
or you can try this camera https://shop.runcam.com/runcam2/
ita a part of a kit from noitom and they recomanding it for this kind of things

Reading This Topic