Facial morps wont work in UnrealEngine

Posted By AasmundSchei 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AasmundSchei
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Im having a problem with importing facial morphs into UnrealEngine 4.17.1. Im testing with the basic female PBR mesh but nothing seems to work. I have also tried with a older version of UnrealEngine which was 4.15.

What Im doing is:

Exporting from CharacterCreator 2 (latest patch) with these settings:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cf98da5c-9215-431e-828c-e09e.png

Importing to UnrealEngine with these settings:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b5dbcfa9-1924-4b0d-84ad-5492.png

In UnrealEngine I must save almost all the material to "fully support morphtargets" but the morphtargets will not work:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/907525a7-8b6d-4f2a-a594-f2d6.png

I also tried to export out of Maya but with no luck. What am I missing? If someone could do a tutorial for importing functionable facial morphtargets to UnrealEngine it would be wonderful!

Desktop
: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula - 16GB ram - i7 7700K Kaby Lake @ 4.2ghz - ASUS GeForce ROG 1080 8GB Strix advanced - M.2 NVMe: Samsung 960 500GB - Windows 10 home

Edited
7 Years Ago by aasmund22
skorn
skorn
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)

I'm no expert in this but in the first pic  you are exporting the normals y+ instead of y- for unreal. But i guess that's just an error in your print screen.
AasmundSchei
AasmundSchei
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

You where right, I had to set the target to Unreal. It didnt work to set it to Unreal from CharacterCreator but I sendt it to iClone and exported it as a FBX from there with the Unreal as target and then it worked. Also, it looks like you have to import the FBX two times to UnrealEngine to get the morphs to get them to work. Thanks alot, I was about to go mad!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2f483f69-8646-430c-85cf-9bad.png

Desktop
: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula - 16GB ram - i7 7700K Kaby Lake @ 4.2ghz - ASUS GeForce ROG 1080 8GB Strix advanced - M.2 NVMe: Samsung 960 500GB - Windows 10 home

Edited
7 Years Ago by aasmund22
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
From CC2, make sure the "animation" radio-button is checked (it is in your earlier pic) and that it is set to "Custom". You can then load a motion from your library onto the character.
AasmundSchei
AasmundSchei
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa (9/23/2017)
and that it is set to "Custom". You can then load a motion from your library onto the character.

Thanks for the tip, UnrealEngine detected the preset .iMotion files perfect without errors Smile

Desktop

cristian.dotro
cristian.dotro
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi!
Could you try to import iclone facial animations to unreal? Be cause, I can import mesh, skeleton, morphs and body animations from iclone to unreal but facial animations don't work.
All the morhps are functional in unreal, but the imported curves are with zero values.

(unreal 4.17.1)

Thanks!
Cristian
AasmundSchei
AasmundSchei
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sometimes I have to re-import the FBX to UnrealEngine get the facial morphs to work. I dont know why, you might want to try that.

Desktop

Edited
7 Years Ago by aasmund22
cristian.dotro
cristian.dotro
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)Junior Member (218 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Yes, I have tried that with the mesh (reimporting mesh) and worked for the character morphs
But, the problem is with animations. All the curves import with zero values, be cause of this, facial animations don't work
Thanks!
corin.noe
corin.noe
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
i've taken a genesis 3 character, gone from daz3d  ( with iclone animation for facial stuff )... to exchange to iclone to exchange to unreal engine, exporting fbx from exchange for mesh and for animation,... no viseme is importing into unreal engine, but is seen in exchange, iclone, and in the fbx when i import it into any autodesk product like 3D studio max,... 

but,... if i use the same process but use an iclone character instead of a daz3d character, the viseme show's up in unreal engine... please please,... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Reading This Topic