Profile Picture

Is there any breathing animation in iClone 7? (Inhale/exhale)

Posted By iSeeThis 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is there any breathing animation in iClone 7? (Inhale/exhale)

Author
iSeeThis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I can't find it in provided Motion Folders. And if there is any of it in the store, I'm willing to buy one. Thank you!
tripfreak
tripfreak
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have only tested the trial version of iClone 7, but to me the "Idle_Male" or "_Female" motions (also the "Stand.." -Motion from Zane) look like breathing ?
There are a few others to be found here: LINK

You only have to include a fitting facial animation by opening/closing the mouth accordingly...

--------------------------------------------------

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I suspect what the Original Poster was looking for was actually breathing, not just mouth opening and closing.

With Character Creator using the Ribcage Size and Chest Width you can certainly get something that approximates this.  Then if you create a morph with it you could animate it in iClone using the Morph animator.  While I've never done this process it doesn't seem difficult and you could do it for almost any character (although you'd need to do it for each and every one -- this isn't something you could apply universally like a motion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxckXxzqKCE

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
iSeeThis
iSeeThis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)

Thank you very much, Kelleytoons. I will try everything you suggest.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Yeah, I tried using that video I posted as a reference and it only took a few minutes.  It looked pretty good and that was just a first attempt.

Note that if you have layers of clothing you will need to animate the morph for all the upper layers (in my test I just had the girl in her bra, so both her chest AND the bra were set up as morphs -- this wasn't anything I had to do special, just adjust the chest size and ribcage in the morph editor and it created the two sliders, but it did mean that you needed to use both the chest and the bra sliders that were generated automatically to get the breathing or she would bust out of her bra :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
The Idle Male and Female motions indeed seem to have breathing, which looks morph-based. I'll have to check.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You're not talking about the ones where they just move their shoulders, are you?

It doesn't look like breathing to me, but perhaps I'm more critical than some.  Moving the shoulders for some people can be involved in breathing, but it's really the chest expansion that sells it, and I don't see anything like it (nor do I see how they could -- every morph would be different for every character and clothing).

But you do know more than I do, Ani, so if you find out anything let me know (now I'm *really* curious).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Breathing is part of the puppet controller. To make your own breathing, idle track you just choose a position - sitting, standing... or create a custom pose and then isolate the joints that you dont want to move, then record the track to your timeline by clicking record then the space bar. 
I havent tried it in ic 7 yet but it works brilliantly in iC5.

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Um, you aren't talking about the Motion Puppet (and obviously not the direction puppet), are you?  I don't see anywhere you can do a "breathe" but perhaps you could walk me through the EXACT steps in iClone 7.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
7 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Yep. Motion Puppet... But breathing is part of every motion in that puppet controller, its not something thats called breathing... try any idle track and you'll see for yourself.  Reallusion has a great tute on puppet controller on their channel, but it's 3am here and Im still half asleep so if you cant find it just give me a few hours, let me know and I'll dig up the link. Its so easy - at least I hope it still is in ic7 -you'll never do a scene again without it... Unless you're doing toon or "Archer Style" obviously. LOL

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Edited
7 Years Ago by Bleetz

Reading This Topic