Help Hair moving when character is not moving

Posted By charlenemedwards 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
charlenemedwards
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Does anyone know why my character's hair would be moving while she is NOT moving. I have all of the wind adjustments turned down---I think???  Thanks

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
my guess is that you don't have it attached to the character and it's animating like it's own prop.... 
Or you attached the hair somewhere other than the start of the scene,  and it's moving back to the original spot it was imported on...

ez fix ....go to frame 1 of your animation,   right click on the hair,  select "remove animation"  from the hair prop,  so it stops moving....
Then re-align it correctly to your character,  and attach.  

as a general rule,  always try to import and position / attach any new items on frame 1.  otherwise,  drifting issues like this are common because of iclones real time nature.

Edited
7 Years Ago by planetstardragon
charlenemedwards
charlenemedwards
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

My mistake...I was referring to physics movement...not animation.   Hair moves fine when character is moving her head but when she is sitting still, some parts of the hair is still moving  Thanks
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
is any of the hair embedded in the character?  I've seen where part of the hair is "under the skin" of the avatar, and then sort of sits there and twitches.  In may case, I think it came from some bad hair and "solver" parameters that allowed it to jump under the skin at the start of the animation.  I'm not at my iClone computer at the moment, but look for a "Step" (?) parameter... it might be something like 150/second... try increasing it by a hundred.  Sorry to be vague, but hopefully is close enough for you to find what I'm talking about.  If I get to my iClone computer soon, I'll update the post with the correct terminology of what I'm referring to.

EDITED...

"Solver Frequency" is the term I was looking for.  It's a "Hair Physics" setting.

On Natalie it is set to 240.  Whatever it is, try increasing it by 100 and see if that helps.  No guarantees, but it's worth a try.

Trust me, I feel your pain...  "Attack of the killer strangling hair"...

On a positive note, I did get it to behave, but I don't remember the specific solution for that particular problem.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
charlenemedwards
charlenemedwards
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks will try solver frequency
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Try checking your collision shapes and collision margin (in the hair physx tab) if collisions are bigger than the body and if the hair gets stuck inside them it will twitch all the time
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hair physics fun and magical when it works, and a major irritation when it doesn't.
Perseverance can be a powerful virtue.

I actually got my character to brush her hair back by adding a cylindrical collision shape to the hand, but then the hair style was changed and I left it out.  But it was fun to get that working.  Maybe I can find my old thread from when I was struggling with the hair.  It will include some "erroneous conclusions" while I was still figuring things out, I suspect, but the point is hair *can* behave.

ADDED...

I found the thread (or "a" thread) where I was having some hair struggles.  This link sort of gets into the middle of it:
https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost282465.aspx
Also check out the next-to-last post on Page 3 of the thread.  Some of the hair preset values can give very bad results.  I don't know if that has been changed or not.

Let us know if you make any progress, okay?  Good luck.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
esemgee
esemgee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hair and its physics is giving me nightmares! This could be a newbie problem or a technical one BUT if I export a character from CC2 to iC7 and get it to perform the hair goes mental, and I mean really mental!. With wind and gust set to 0 nothing happens, not one slight difference - hair just going everywhere, even a pony tail, so something is obviously NOT working correctly here. Changing weight means it falls out, so I have to switch off physics totally and just have it as static as it left CC!! I watch tutorials on YouTube and see the narrator export to iC6 and hair is always natural and bouncy - how is this done? Have I set something wrong in CC2? Is there a fault in my install of iC7? Thanks in advance!
mark
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Have you adjusted the avatar's Collision shapes? In particular the head's Collision sphere shape?

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic