iClone 7 Slow speed and Laggy

Posted By c.claus 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
c.claus
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hey dear users,
i am a new user. I just installed iClone 7, CC2 and etc but iClone 7 works slow with so much lags while working. I have a powerful system performance!! 2 NVIDIA QUADRO P6000 Graphic Card (Updated to last driver), 64GB RAM, CPU Core i7 and Windows 10 64bit.

Please write me down the solution if you had same issue like me.

Thanks
CC
Edited
7 Years Ago by c.claus
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
The Quadro 6000 card benchmarks pretty poorly against the recommended nVidia cards (for example, it's only 1/4 to 1/8 the performance of the 1080, the card I have) so it's possible that's the issue.  If it's at all possible for you to try it with a different card that would be worth seeing (even the 1070 blows away the Quadro in terms of actual card performance).  iClone can only use one card, so dual ones don't help, but you should definitely make sure it's *using* one of those cards (easy to check in iClone -- just look at your GPU memory when you load it up and it will tell you how much is available).

The other thing you might do is try earlier drivers -- with my 1080 card I had to step back to the April nVidia drivers as the current ones caused me all kinds of problems.  Not everyone has reported this but at least one other person here did have similar issues, so it's worth at ry.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Also make sure while working your not set to high quality output on display. Also would be nice to know what you have on screen amount of video ram available, amount used. this would give us a bit more information to work with for helping you diagnose the problem. I have a Xeon system with twelve gig Titan X card. 128 gig ram and depending on what I have on the screen and settings I can manage to get things clunky to if I push to hard (millions polys, 4096 textures, substance material textures (unbaked) and custom video settings. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Unfortunately Nvidia Quadro and AMD FirePro Workstation cards are not supported by iClone 7. While these cards will likely run iClone we can't guarantee a problem free experience.

One thing to check is that your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers could also cause this kind of issue. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

evidanse
evidanse
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hello

I have the same problem with my computer
Cpu I7 octo core, 16 GB RAM and Nvidia gtx 950 M with 4Gb ram.
I tried to lower the render quality but with no effect...
It used to work faster with the 7.01 version than the 7.02.

Thx

Michel

argus1000
argus1000
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
iClone was sluggish with my older nVidia GTX 980 and 970, especially for the big scenes. So I bought an nVidiia GTX 1080. It blows away my previous cards. I didn't buy the TI version because I didn't think the performance was worth the difference in price. I'm  very happy.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Edited
7 Years Ago by argus1000
mark
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
A beefy Display card is a must but when I went to a 1TB SSD Drive for the C: drive my iClone world was rocked to the core!!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

evidanse
evidanse
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I only use 1.4 gb of the 4.1 bg of my graphic card memory, but Iclone is still laggy....How is it possible ?
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
evidanse (10/10/2017)
I only use 1.4 gb of the 4.1 bg of my graphic card memory, but Iclone is still laggy....How is it possible ?

Turn physx and GI off and see if that helps

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Remember the older card also has fewer processor cores to work with. Might also want to check into a Driver update...

evidanse (10/10/2017)

Reading This Topic