Posted By wildstar 7 Years Ago
Rated 4.2 stars based on 5 votes.

HACK YOU DISPLAY AND GET BETTER QUALITY OUTPUT IN ICLONE 7

Author
wildstar
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month

Now we know that the size of the viewport influences the quality of the render output of iclone 7, I come with this tip for everyone to have the best quality possible for their renders
without the cost of increasing the render time (I hope reallusion does not spoil it when Correct the bug or correct it and allow it to have that quality and render output without the need to put a high supersampling.
Go to the nvidia control panel and select the option DSR FACTORS and choose 4
Then go in resolution (in the panel of nvidia not windows) and choose Dynamic super resolution and put 4k
Now you can put a 4k display on your 1080p monitor. and your render time without supersampling still amazing fast , Reallusion rethink your supersampling algoritm its totally wrong
now i get amazing quality at super speed fast renders  Smile
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6d41fc19-6f89-4df0-9ff4-4244.jpg
Edited
7 Years Ago by wildstar
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
But this is only good on Monitors with DSR on and enabled. It doesn't actually increase the resolution of the rendered video itself right? jut up-res to the current monitor. So if your putting it out onto the web or other computers the video is still only what you rendered it at correct? Or at least this is how I understand it. 

Ok so I read your other post on resolution and your testing. So does this setting and setup effect the final output. It seems from your other post on screen setup it does. Great information by the way.
Edited
7 Years Ago by paulg625
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
OMG!!!!
You just Hacked the Hack!
Hacking amazing...

So in Preview mode (as opposed to Final Render), instead of messing with the viewport size to affect blur along with DOF settings, you mess with Resolution along with DOF settings!
And you are right, mega speed!....WTF!!!!
NICEhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/34654549-26a7-4dac-88ac-4ae6.jpg
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 45 minutes ago
Paul,

You may be coming a bit late to this party -- Tony Prime found out that for some weird reason the workarea displayed on the monitors directly affects how the render works, regardless of the resolution you have set, at least in terms of DOF (and most likely other artifact issues).  Apparently they do a calculation that depends on the work area size, so if you make it full screen (um, alt-7?  I dunno, something like that) it will be different than if you have a lot of window tabs open (like the timeline) and it's much smaller, regardless of how big you render the final image.

Wildstar is taking that one step further and apparently finding a setting in the nVidia drivers that will "fool" the RL routine into thinking you are running a bigger viewport than you are, giving you a better render.  I'll have to test it myself (and everyone should, to see how the results match what you expect) but it's certainly worth a try if you are not happy with the DOF or renders you are getting otherwise (and you might want to look at that other thread Wildstar started about DOF).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 45 minutes ago
It's too bad RL is gearing up for Siggraph right now, because I'd LOVE to hear some feedback from them on all this.  This is a HUGE discovery (both Wildstar's and Tony's -- with a contribution from Rampa).  I suspect their programmers can use this info and really fix things up in 7.1.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
This may be the "fixing-up". Sometimes we come across works-in-progress. Wink
It may be in the midst of developing into a much better camera lens system.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
We had another window-size observation quite a while ago too.  I believe the rendering times were significantly affected by the size of your viewport window (smaller preview windows resulted in faster render speeds).  Sure, it displays to your screen while rendering so you can see the progress, but the impact seemed way bigger than you would expect.  And if you shrunk the viewport too far, render times started to climb back up again.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

The one thing that is lacking from this hack is the ability to see on screen what the resulting DOF will be.  You have to "trial and error" it to get it how you want...
But the fact is is that you CAN get it how you want, and it renders blazing fast!
Agreed, the existing algorithm is not optimized compared to this.  But I don't care!  I just won't use it!

Wildstar, what features do you think are sacrificed by having it be in 'Preview' Mode?  Any?

I rendered a vid at 3500x1969 res, took 16 minutes for 1,000 frames, right about a frame per second (.96).
BUT, with DOF, and a good one!  On the Final Rendering Super Sampling modes it could take 5-10 seconds a frame!
WOW! 

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The one thing that is lacking from this hack is the ability to see on screen what the resulting DOF will be.  You have to "trial and error" it to get it how you want...
But the fact is is that you CAN get it how you want, and it renders blazing fast!
Agreed, the existing algorithm is not optimized compared to this.  But I don't care!  I just won't use it!

Wildstar, what features do you think are sacrificed by having it be in 'Preview' Mode?  Any?

I rendered a vid at 3500x1969 res, took 16 minutes for 1,000 frames, right about a frame per second (.96).
BUT, with DOF, and a good one!  On the Final Rendering Super Sampling modes it could take 5-10 seconds a frame!
WOW! 

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Kelleytoons (7/25/2017)
It's too bad RL is gearing up for Siggraph right now, because I'd LOVE to hear some feedback from them on all this.  This is a HUGE discovery (both Wildstar's and Tony's -- with a contribution from Rampa).  I suspect their programmers can use this info and really fix things up in 7.1.

i fellling the same  kelleytoons they want to correct this before go to sysgraphh, in my opnion reallusion need rethink all your output render system .

Reading This Topic