Help Needed: Multi-Morph Creation and Packing

Posted By Lord Ashes 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Question 1:
I have made a Height Adjustment CC Morph for those that don't have the Essentials Pack. Currently the Morph consists of 3 Morph Sliders: one for the Body, one for the Eyes and one for the Teeth.
Looking at the Morph Slider creator dialog there seems to be an option to select either Body, Eyes or Teeth but no option for all 3. As such the user needs to set each of the 3 sliders individually to get the proper morph effect.
Is there a way to create a single Morph Slider that will morph Body, Eyes and Teeth? My morphed character (OBJ) files actually contains all 3 morphs (i.e. to body, eyes and teeth) so when I created the 3 Morph Sliders they are all created using the exact same OBJ file as the morph file. However, I don't see a way to apply the body, eyes and teeth all at once using a single Morph Slider.

Question 2:
Is it possible to pack Morph Sliders for different character parts into the same CCSlider file? I selected the option to create a Slider Pack, then select the 3 (above mentioned) Morph Sliders but it seems that when I create the pack it only adds the Morph Slider that was currently selected and showing (i.e. if I select the Full Body Morph Slide, then switch to Eyes and select the Eye Morph Slide and then switch to Teeth and select the Teeth Morph Slide then only the last selected Morph Slider gets packed). This means I need to make 3 Morph Packs to cover the 3 Morph Sliders.

Alternate Implementation Discussion:
In the case of the Height Adjustment Morph, I created it based on an visual implementation (i.e. when a character is shorter the feet stay in the same location thus resulting in the head being lower). However, maybe I should have taken a more CC oriented implementation. If, instead, I kept the head where it is and moved up the bottom of the character then I probably would not need the Eyes and Teeth Morphs because the head would not have changed. In such a case, does CC automatically calculate the new insertion point or will would my morphed character, in such a case, be floating off the ground (because of the change in where the feet start)?

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Lord Ashes (7/7/2017)
Question 1:
Is there a way to create a single Morph Slider that will morph Body, Eyes and Teeth?

To pull this off in 3D (Where one Morph Slider actually Morphs seperate mesh's) you'd have to write one heck of a script.

(Seperate Mesh's)
There is a way to move a slider and have multiple morphs applied, but this is not morphing. (This is an event driven action).
"The transfrom of one object (a Slider)...controlling the transform of other objects (multiple Morphs)."

No single "Morph Slider" can "Morph" multiple meshes.
A slider can be made to control multiple morphs, but this slider is not a "Morph Slider."
Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
seems swoooop is back  ^^  but now the right answer to your question Tongue

Is there a way to create a single Morph Slider that will morph Body, Eyes and Teeth? My morphed character (OBJ) files actually contains all 3 morphs (i.e. to body, eyes and teeth) so when I created the 3 Morph Sliders they are all created using the exact same OBJ file as the morph file. However, I don't see a way to apply the body, eyes and teeth all at once using a single Morph Slider.

Yes it is possible , but for that you need not make Eyes or Teeth Morph , rather  you morph your body and exported this with the Theeth and eyes as FBX in your 3D Applikation . Now is important that you adjust  the Eyes and Theeth with the Bones on the right position 
Again !!! Not move  the vertices,  use Bone !!! 

Export it back  in CC as Cloth,  not as Morph , Now is the Character in the View and can saved as iAvatar . Then create a Morphslider and use this iAvatar as target Morph 
You will get a Morph slider  which now morphed all in One 

Also important , to know 
I have made a Height Adjustment CC Morph for those that don't have the Essentials Pack.

When you move  only the vertices , the Bones do not follow  and you will get strange results on the Joints .  Therefore you must scale the Mesh with the Bones.  
Save this as Morph in the same way like I describe above 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
7 Years Ago by vidi
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Lord Ashes (7/7/2017)
Question 1:
Is there a way to create a single Morph Slider that will morph Body, Eyes and Teeth?

(Seperate Mesh's)
There is a way to move a slider and have multiple morphs applied, but this is not morphing. (This is an event driven action).
"The transfrom of one object (a Slider)...controlling the transform of other objects (multiple seperate Morphs)."

Yes it is possible , but for that you need not make Eyes or Teeth Morph , rather  you morph your body and exported this with the Theeth and eyes as FBX in your 3D Applikation . Now is important that you adjust  the Eyes and Theeth with the Bones on the right position
Again !!! Not move  the vertices,  use Bone !!!

An "Event Driven" action occurs...
1. The slider morphs the body.
2. The slider is wired to transform the eye and teeth bones. (Not morph the eye and teeth).

No single "Morph Slider" will actually morph multiple (seperate) mesh's... unless the character, teeth and eyes are a one piece mesh.
Edited
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to try that when I get some time.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

but0fc0ursee (7/7/2017)To pull this off in 3D (Where one Morph Slider actually Morphs seperate mesh's) you'd have to write one heck of a script.

I was under the impression that scripting is not yet available in iClone 7. It will be coming in one of the later iClone 7 versions. Is this not correct?

but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Lord Ashes (7/7/2017)
but0fc0ursee (7/7/2017)To pull this off in 3D (Where one Morph Slider actually Morphs seperate mesh's) you'd have to write one heck of a script.

I was under the impression that scripting is not yet available in iClone 7. It will be coming in one of the later iClone 7 versions. Is this not correct?

What you are asking to do...  (1 morph slider "Morphing" separate mesh's)
Separate mesh's have: Different Bases, vertex count and order.
"It's not possible."

Scripting can produce what's normally not available.... and if there is a chance of accomplishing your request
...it'll have to be done through scripting.

iClone already has "Event Driven" actions occurring... (Internally)
IMO: You should ask Reallusion to allow you to...
(Externally) Control multiple objects using (1 Slider).

Example:
1. Create a slider.
2. Set it parameters: (say 0 to 100)
3. Connect the morph to the slider.
4. Connect the eye bone's rotation to the slider.
5. Connect the teeth bone's position and or rotation to the slider.

"Connect = pin points the exact track for connection."
Morph track
Bone's position / rotation track
(smooth gradual transforms 0 to 100)

Event Driven Actions:
This will solve many of your problems.
Edited
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You misunderstood him again sw00000p!

Reading This Topic