Alembic MDD Import

Posted By will2power71 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
will2power71
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 45 minutes ago
We have the export feature, but I wish to add the ability to IMPORT Alembic files. I'm a DAZ user and what I like to do right now involves blocking out motions and refining them in iClone and then taking them back into DAZ studio to render them. This allows me to take advantage of the greater detail and all the Joint Control Morphs of the DAZ figures that make them amazing to work with. The problem is --I don't really want to render them in DAZ but I want the detail and there's no other way to get all that detail into iClone other than an alembic or MDD import. with the PBR render, I would rather render in iClone. Please give us the ability to import Alembic and/or MDD animations in iClone. It would be a great way to take full advantage of the great features of BOTH platforms. This would open up new possibilities with other systems like Realflow. Or you could do physics stuff like buildings collapsing in another application and then bring it into iClone.

I have included this feature request in the feedback tracker. You can view it here.
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (19.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (19.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
+1

I also would like to see Alembic import. For me it would be to be able to use simulations such as those from Houdini, which are great for real waves and many others.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a09220f-ab50-42ac-ad1a-33ec.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/d14339d0-cd32-4b35-88f9-40a0.png

paulg625
paulg625
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I would also like to see this feature. I have Cronosculpt which allows real-time corrections of animation sequences. It's great for correcting animation issues such as poke through during a soft-cloth animation, making a quicker workflow then repeatedly trying to adjust settings in an animation over and over because an outfit keeps going where you don't want it to during an extreme movement. I was able to export Alembic from IClone correct it in Cronosculpt but without being able to import Sad I couldn't go any further. So please consider adding Import of Alembic.

Reading This Topic