Profile Picture

Software Crashes when opening a model for editing.

Posted By kent_20090922181250146 16 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kent_20090922181250146
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 16 Years Ago
 hope someone can help me, because Reallusion support for my problem
is either being ignored or they can't help me.

I purchased crazy talk 5, and it installed okay.

My problem occurs every time I try to open any image file for use in the software.
Once I click on the file to open it, Crazy Talk crashes, and I get an error message
telling me that CTMAIN exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. This happens
with any type image file on my computer, with the exception of the software characters.

I've unintalled and reinstalled the software many times, and still have the same problem.

Can someone on this forum help me out.

Thank you.  
Visconti
Visconti
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.7K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi, Kent

Thanks for sharing this issue with us here.
As I know, the customer support has passed this problem to QA dept.
I am not sure how long it will take to solve this case.
In general, they can fix it in 3-5 days.
You can try to deliver more info about your system and your use hitory to support form.
Maybe they can know the cause sooner.

Thanks
visconti

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

heatherpeters04
heatherpeters04
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 16 Years Ago
Hi,
I also have this problem, Im using vista so is my friend, his works great but mine crashes when opening model, I have sent details to suport so lets hope they can solve it
jtorruellas
jtorruellas
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Hi there, I upgraded from Crazy Talk 4.2 Media Studio to Crazy Talk 5.1 Pro. I am having the same problem as Newbie. The program loads ok, but when I try to edit the model it freezes up. HELP PLEASE!!!
Ritchie409
Ritchie409
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 15 Years Ago
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum,

Well basically my Girlfriend bought me Crazy talk 5 for Christmas and i am getting the same problem. I've even installed that patch from the reallusion site and that has also failed to fix it,

I've contacted the support team and i am currently waiting for a response but does anyone know if its fixable? cause its a real shame that you cant use software that has cost money! Sad

Rob.
grecuccionicola
grecuccionicola
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)

By mi it is working good.

1 Time i had the same problem , after i had taken a photo from my camera.

I rezolved it wit this , open the image with MS paint , then save it back with MS paint ,

say yourphoto.jpg .

And it worked.

jtorruellas
jtorruellas
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

I still have the crashing problem when I try to edit a model. HELP!!!
Ritchie409
Ritchie409
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Reallusion still haven't got back to me and i am very angry! if the problem isn't sorted soon i'm seriously considering returning the product.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Ritchie409 (1/2/2009)
Reallusion still haven't got back to me and i am very angry! if the problem isn't sorted soon i'm seriously considering returning the product.

Hi Ritchie,

I'm really sorry to hear you have still not heard from Support.

Did you use the Support Form (Link below) to contact Support. This is the only way you should generally contact them and the quickest for a response. If you didn't use the form, please fill it in and send it as soon as possible.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

If you did use the form then please check your spam or junk folders because so often replies from Support go in these folders and are often overlooked. Also have you received any reply from support at all such as a receipt email with tracking number? If you did then you can send a Personal Message to me with the number and I will find out what is going on for you.

With regards to the problem you are having with Crazytalk. Have you tried using different image files to see if it is happening with all pictures or just certain images, say from the same camera or source. This something to check to eliminate possible causes.

Please accept my apologies for the delay and inconvenience you have been caused by this problem. I hope we can get this resolved for you soon.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ritchie409
Ritchie409
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hey there,

i did follow the automessage on christmas day but no luck and i've just sent off my DXdiag to see what can be done. Sad

i hope i can use this soon.

Reading This Topic