Perception Neuron vs Smart suit Pro

Posted By Frank Rizzo 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Frank Rizzo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Bro no one is here to make fun of anyone, I just pointed out what he posted I  never  mention anything bout language. lighten up just stated my opinion and yes I took a jab  but my post initially  was about Perception Neuron vs Smart Suit  pro and my opinion on the perception neurons design and customer service  and the price of the plugins. Not here to make enemies or foes just creating dialogue.  And the first thing I get asked am I a Troll .I do not know Mtaker I'm pretty sure when he read it he was like what the hell i posted.  Mtaker no  offense but you jumped out there and I pointed it out Im not here to troll just to build and learn something from you all. Too many self moderators why not just add on or  move on no attacks needed I just stated my opinion no personal attacks on anyone.  
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
The Neuron suit can be used with any software that can accept BVH or FBX files. The software it comes with can export those formats. The RL plugin lets the mocap stream be captured directly into iClone. So it makes a faster workflow.

The Rokoko suit is made of of a bunch of magnetic sensors connected by wires and held in place by straps too. The difference is that it is integrated into the suit. Probably much harder to fix a broken wire, and you probably need to store the suit somewhere where it won't get magnetized.

Both are supposed to work computer free with SD card capture, I think. If you have a battery pack.

I kind of like the idea of the suit myself, and hope they succeed as well.
Frank Rizzo
Frank Rizzo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)Veteran Member (515 reputation)

The Rokoko company  in there own words " We've met with the Iclone guys and are excited to work on an integration with them. We both saw great potential in a collaboration. Shortly after our launch there will be news about this.  " This sounds promising to me
Frank Rizzo
Frank Rizzo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Competition  means the little guy (consumer)  will come out the winner in the end.  I know first hand I purchase and negotiate  for the Government on daily basis  Hopefully there will be another player which means more choices for us and competitive pricing in the end.
Edited
7 Years Ago by loulaw
nosys70
nosys70
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
haha, these guys from rokoko seems full of air and sorry Mr frank RIZZO, but you sound exactly like them.
they started to claim to make it for 700$ and deliver in December 2016 and now the suit is 2500$ and still not available.
They got only a bunch of backers to satisfy (less than 120) while neuron get 10x more bakers.
neuron delivers a working suit , with fingers for months now, and for 1000$ less than rokoko.
and already, you can find second hand neuron suit for 1000$, because let's face it , this is a niche product. So again the claim of rokoko to "bring mocap the mass",
shows how much they ignore even the scope of their market.
Chinese people who deliver, yes it is surprising, but behind neurons, there is noitom, a really big company.
thousands of people are using the the neuron suit and forums are full of peoples discussing about it , the issues in various software and solutions.
you can give 5 years to neuros, but I bet that rokoko will not even survive to 2017.
I was a backer for smartsuit (refunded)   (when it was still named Salto) and I disliked their attitude , giving feedback every 6 months, asking for advices and then just ignoring everybody, showing the same demo for almost one year . when I started to complain about this inexistent communication, they just offered to refund me, what I accepted immediately. It is a bunch of artist/student who are sponsored by the government and they don't even know how to run a business. Most of them will turn to other interest in six months. I would be very worried getting a 2500$ tools with such a team behind.
almost same story as YEI (YOStnow, 3500$ for a suit , I was backer too..refunded)

I own a neuron now and very happy with.

Edited
7 Years Ago by nosys70
ninjarama
ninjarama
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Showing example videos of Neuron vs. Smart Suit will prove which system is better.  It's good that Noitom has competition now!  Competition will benefit the consumer greatly... So far, I think Noitom is a great option for the indie market... it's priced well for the serious folks.  You can always go cheap with Xbox One Kinect if you don't have $1500+ to burn on mocap.  I've been using Neruon with 32-sensor for my projects and it has worked pretty well.  There are some drawbacks (like crappy calibration) but there is no perfect system out there that costs in this range.

Another great option worth looking at is iPi Soft using $5 Playstation cameras for optical mocap.  I also used this set up and it works pretty well.   The main drawback here is no finger articulation... but you can optionally use PS Move controllers for tracking wrist movements and props as well as head rotation.  Using 6 PS Eye cameras gave pretty good results... check it out:

I have used the mocap data from iPi Soft and transported it over to 3DXchange/iClone with no issues.  It would be great if Reallusion partnered with iPi Soft to create real-time streaming mocap!  That would be phenomenal!
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Just received a mail from Rokoko. They delay the shipping for months. The shipment was schedule for April....... 2016 !!!!  
Thanks to Noitom to be here Smile

Ipisoft have area surface restriction. The Noitom wireless/sd card recording feature give you the hability to make mocap
everywhere and there is no camera vision restriction.
Frank Rizzo
Frank Rizzo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

https://www.rokoko.com/en/explore/integrations/reallusion?utm_source=Newsletter%20Subscribers&utm_campaign=db5cdfa541-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_08_14_11_51&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b219fac101-db5cdfa541-100693599&mc_cid=db5cdfa541&mc_eid=f5b1f8d197

Told yall LOL

Reading This Topic