Perception Neuron vs Smart suit Pro

Posted By Frank Rizzo 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Frank Rizzo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Just curious of why Reallusion charge so much for the perception neuron plugin?  The price of the plugin in my opinion  almost equal the price of all the other leading consumer friendly animation software.   Noitom is producing cheaply made equipment  which is not durable , there customer support is probably the worst since AOL and they dont' even sell replacement parts. I mean if you dont want to sell the parts atleast provide some type of repair service.  I will go on record and say that this company will be dissolve or out of business in about 5 years .  Noitom should  atleast  provide  the consumer who fork out over a grand for there shitty  equipment an  email or some type of response regarding there flawed product .   Reallusion check this out https://www.rokoko.com I would bet the house that if you paired up with this company instead of Noitom your software would fly of the shelf.  I love your products and have been using  and purchasing them for years.  Please take a look at this,  the suit is wireless and all the sensors are embedded, all you would have to do is provide a plugin for this  to work with Iclone. $2245 for the suit seems to be fair it works with Unity Motionbuilder, Unreal.  They are in the process of creating gloves as well.  It would be nice to see this work with Iclone someday *****HINT*****

Edited
7 Years Ago by loulaw
michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

I gotta ask buddy, and if your not sorry, but are you a troll? Noitom does sell replacement parts.

That being said the over $2000 starting price with NO finger gloves doesn't seem like any kind of deal, and nothing is preventing you from buying a cheap jumpsuit and sewing the straps and sensors into it if you don't like the velcro straps ( which isn't that bad of an idea ).
Edited
7 Years Ago by michael7
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Very strange you said that because I have 2 Neuron suits and I could make a skype discussion with Daniel from Neuron , they changed 3 neurons for free , send me 2 new wire sockets and could buy 12 Neurons more with 4 days delivery.
I baked too rokoko and like Noitom they are on year late from their prevision. Nobody knows how tought will be their suit and lets' see what we can have with 2245 $ before tax and customs without fingers mocap....
By the way may in 5 years there will be another technology for mocap wich let those of today obsolete.
Edited
7 Years Ago by mtakerkart
Frank Rizzo
Frank Rizzo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)

Tutor have you dealt with this site? https://neuronmocap.com/ or is there some other site that I'm missing, and if so I stand corrected. 
Frank Rizzo
Frank Rizzo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Mtaker do you even read what you type before you post things?  You clearly have other issues: BOOKS AND MORE BOOKS you gotta do better
I baked too rokoko and like Noitom they are on year late from their prevision. Nobody knows how tought will be their suit and lets' see what we can have with 2245 $ before tax and customs without fingers mocap....
By the way may in 5 years there will be another technology for mocap wich let those of today obsolete. 
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Yep , I did with this site.
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
It's bad form to make fun of anybody's language on this forum. Marc could have written in French, but then we would have had other complaints. I don't think he is the one with issues.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sorry for my bad english loulaw it's not my mother language Ermm
I understund that  you suppose that Noitom will be dead in five years and they have very bad support , bad equipment . Noitom said they had
problem of quality product of the first kickstarter batch (that was my case) and they fix my issue then. I bought extra Neurons only to upgrade
my 18 to 32. I bought a second  18 neuron suit in december 2016 witch i have no problem with it. 
I understund too that you suppose that rokoko will be better but nobody had tested it.
I just wanted to express an another point of vue Wink
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
As I may have some money soon the buy PN, how long did it take to get the suit with your recent purchase?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Frank Rizzo
Frank Rizzo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

(1) Not a Troll I was just curious why so much for a plugin that you can only use with this software? (2) I  Would  rather just slip into a suit which is wireless and start working.........  Not spend 20 minutes loading neurons. (3)  Have you even noticed how fragile the wires are on the perception neuron.........Probably not ..(4) I I did not say that it didn't perform well once you get it up and running  I said the design is shitty. I believe smart suit Pro is the future at that  price compared to what  the big boys are using currently etc  Pixar .(5) There should be just one affordable  price for the Plugin  not  single or duo  pricing in my opinion.......Since i can only use it with Iclone...... (6). I bought Iclone 5 with the Mocap plugin  and I have to buy another Mocap plugin for version 6 if I want to use the Camera  from my Xbox one..... should be a free upgrade......Just seems like wasted money on the same thing......Maybe money is no issue too you..(7) .The simplified approach with the suit just seems more feasible and I imagine more durable and you would save more time to get to working thats all...Not a troll just trying to save a buck....and time  from loading and unloading neurons,  its a headache.  At the time of its release I was blown away to buy perception neuron , but the design needs improvement  maybe some spandex wireless bands that you just slip on no wires to snag example sleeves with gloves and you can velcro the sensors on or something.
Edited
7 Years Ago by loulaw

Reading This Topic