Perception Neuron vs Smart suit Pro

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic323044.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Frank Rizzo - 7 Years Ago
Just curious of why Reallusion charge so much for the perception neuron plugin?  The price of the plugin in my opinion  almost equal the price of all the other leading consumer friendly animation software.   Noitom is producing cheaply made equipment  which is not durable , there customer support is probably the worst since AOL and they dont' even sell replacement parts. I mean if you dont want to sell the parts atleast provide some type of repair service.  I will go on record and say that this company will be dissolve or out of business in about 5 years .  Noitom should  atleast  provide  the consumer who fork out over a grand for there shitty  equipment an  email or some type of response regarding there flawed product .   Reallusion check this out https://www.rokoko.com I would bet the house that if you paired up with this company instead of Noitom your software would fly of the shelf.  I love your products and have been using  and purchasing them for years.  Please take a look at this,  the suit is wireless and all the sensors are embedded, all you would have to do is provide a plugin for this  to work with Iclone. $2245 for the suit seems to be fair it works with Unity Motionbuilder, Unreal.  They are in the process of creating gloves as well.  It would be nice to see this work with Iclone someday *****HINT*****

By michael7 - 7 Years Ago
I gotta ask buddy, and if your not sorry, but are you a troll? Noitom does sell replacement parts.

That being said the over $2000 starting price with NO finger gloves doesn't seem like any kind of deal, and nothing is preventing you from buying a cheap jumpsuit and sewing the straps and sensors into it if you don't like the velcro straps ( which isn't that bad of an idea ).
By mtakerkart - 7 Years Ago
Very strange you said that because I have 2 Neuron suits and I could make a skype discussion with Daniel from Neuron , they changed 3 neurons for free , send me 2 new wire sockets and could buy 12 Neurons more with 4 days delivery.
I baked too rokoko and like Noitom they are on year late from their prevision. Nobody knows how tought will be their suit and lets' see what we can have with 2245 $ before tax and customs without fingers mocap....
By the way may in 5 years there will be another technology for mocap wich let those of today obsolete.
Tutor have you dealt with this site? https://neuronmocap.com/ or is there some other site that I'm missing, and if so I stand corrected. 
Mtaker do you even read what you type before you post things?  You clearly have other issues: BOOKS AND MORE BOOKS you gotta do better
I baked too rokoko and like Noitom they are on year late from their prevision. Nobody knows how tought will be their suit and lets' see what we can have with 2245 $ before tax and customs without fingers mocap....
By the way may in 5 years there will be another technology for mocap wich let those of today obsolete. 
Yep , I did with this site.
By animagic - 7 Years Ago
It's bad form to make fun of anybody's language on this forum. Marc could have written in French, but then we would have had other complaints. I don't think he is the one with issues.
Sorry for my bad english loulaw it's not my mother language Ermm
I understund that  you suppose that Noitom will be dead in five years and they have very bad support , bad equipment . Noitom said they had
problem of quality product of the first kickstarter batch (that was my case) and they fix my issue then. I bought extra Neurons only to upgrade
my 18 to 32. I bought a second  18 neuron suit in december 2016 witch i have no problem with it. 
I understund too that you suppose that rokoko will be better but nobody had tested it.
I just wanted to express an another point of vue Wink
By animagic - 7 Years Ago
As I may have some money soon the buy PN, how long did it take to get the suit with your recent purchase?
(1) Not a Troll I was just curious why so much for a plugin that you can only use with this software? (2) I  Would  rather just slip into a suit which is wireless and start working.........  Not spend 20 minutes loading neurons. (3)  Have you even noticed how fragile the wires are on the perception neuron.........Probably not ..(4) I I did not say that it didn't perform well once you get it up and running  I said the design is shitty. I believe smart suit Pro is the future at that  price compared to what  the big boys are using currently etc  Pixar .(5) There should be just one affordable  price for the Plugin  not  single or duo  pricing in my opinion.......Since i can only use it with Iclone...... (6). I bought Iclone 5 with the Mocap plugin  and I have to buy another Mocap plugin for version 6 if I want to use the Camera  from my Xbox one..... should be a free upgrade......Just seems like wasted money on the same thing......Maybe money is no issue too you..(7) .The simplified approach with the suit just seems more feasible and I imagine more durable and you would save more time to get to working thats all...Not a troll just trying to save a buck....and time  from loading and unloading neurons,  its a headache.  At the time of its release I was blown away to buy perception neuron , but the design needs improvement  maybe some spandex wireless bands that you just slip on no wires to snag example sleeves with gloves and you can velcro the sensors on or something.
Bro no one is here to make fun of anyone, I just pointed out what he posted I  never  mention anything bout language. lighten up just stated my opinion and yes I took a jab  but my post initially  was about Perception Neuron vs Smart Suit  pro and my opinion on the perception neurons design and customer service  and the price of the plugins. Not here to make enemies or foes just creating dialogue.  And the first thing I get asked am I a Troll .I do not know Mtaker I'm pretty sure when he read it he was like what the hell i posted.  Mtaker no  offense but you jumped out there and I pointed it out Im not here to troll just to build and learn something from you all. Too many self moderators why not just add on or  move on no attacks needed I just stated my opinion no personal attacks on anyone.  
By Rampa - 7 Years Ago
The Neuron suit can be used with any software that can accept BVH or FBX files. The software it comes with can export those formats. The RL plugin lets the mocap stream be captured directly into iClone. So it makes a faster workflow.

The Rokoko suit is made of of a bunch of magnetic sensors connected by wires and held in place by straps too. The difference is that it is integrated into the suit. Probably much harder to fix a broken wire, and you probably need to store the suit somewhere where it won't get magnetized.

Both are supposed to work computer free with SD card capture, I think. If you have a battery pack.

I kind of like the idea of the suit myself, and hope they succeed as well.
The Rokoko company  in there own words " We've met with the Iclone guys and are excited to work on an integration with them. We both saw great potential in a collaboration. Shortly after our launch there will be news about this.  " This sounds promising to me
Competition  means the little guy (consumer)  will come out the winner in the end.  I know first hand I purchase and negotiate  for the Government on daily basis  Hopefully there will be another player which means more choices for us and competitive pricing in the end.
By nosys70 - 7 Years Ago
haha, these guys from rokoko seems full of air and sorry Mr frank RIZZO, but you sound exactly like them.
they started to claim to make it for 700$ and deliver in December 2016 and now the suit is 2500$ and still not available.
They got only a bunch of backers to satisfy (less than 120) while neuron get 10x more bakers.
neuron delivers a working suit , with fingers for months now, and for 1000$ less than rokoko.
and already, you can find second hand neuron suit for 1000$, because let's face it , this is a niche product. So again the claim of rokoko to "bring mocap the mass",
shows how much they ignore even the scope of their market.
Chinese people who deliver, yes it is surprising, but behind neurons, there is noitom, a really big company.
thousands of people are using the the neuron suit and forums are full of peoples discussing about it , the issues in various software and solutions.
you can give 5 years to neuros, but I bet that rokoko will not even survive to 2017.
I was a backer for smartsuit (refunded)   (when it was still named Salto) and I disliked their attitude , giving feedback every 6 months, asking for advices and then just ignoring everybody, showing the same demo for almost one year . when I started to complain about this inexistent communication, they just offered to refund me, what I accepted immediately. It is a bunch of artist/student who are sponsored by the government and they don't even know how to run a business. Most of them will turn to other interest in six months. I would be very worried getting a 2500$ tools with such a team behind.
almost same story as YEI (YOStnow, 3500$ for a suit , I was backer too..refunded)

I own a neuron now and very happy with.

By ninjarama - 7 Years Ago
Showing example videos of Neuron vs. Smart Suit will prove which system is better.  It's good that Noitom has competition now!  Competition will benefit the consumer greatly... So far, I think Noitom is a great option for the indie market... it's priced well for the serious folks.  You can always go cheap with Xbox One Kinect if you don't have $1500+ to burn on mocap.  I've been using Neruon with 32-sensor for my projects and it has worked pretty well.  There are some drawbacks (like crappy calibration) but there is no perfect system out there that costs in this range.

Another great option worth looking at is iPi Soft using $5 Playstation cameras for optical mocap.  I also used this set up and it works pretty well.   The main drawback here is no finger articulation... but you can optionally use PS Move controllers for tracking wrist movements and props as well as head rotation.  Using 6 PS Eye cameras gave pretty good results... check it out:

I have used the mocap data from iPi Soft and transported it over to 3DXchange/iClone with no issues.  It would be great if Reallusion partnered with iPi Soft to create real-time streaming mocap!  That would be phenomenal!
Just received a mail from Rokoko. They delay the shipping for months. The shipment was schedule for April....... 2016 !!!!  
Thanks to Noitom to be here Smile

Ipisoft have area surface restriction. The Noitom wireless/sd card recording feature give you the hability to make mocap
everywhere and there is no camera vision restriction.
By Frank Rizzo - 6 Years Ago
https://www.rokoko.com/en/explore/integrations/reallusion?utm_source=Newsletter%20Subscribers&utm_campaign=db5cdfa541-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_08_14_11_51&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b219fac101-db5cdfa541-100693599&mc_cid=db5cdfa541&mc_eid=f5b1f8d197

Told yall LOL