Profile Picture

Anyone fancy another tutorial? This technique uses no rigging at all!!

Posted By Alan_M 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Anyone fancy another tutorial? This technique uses no rigging at all!!...

Author
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 35 minutes ago
Thank you very much Alan. I think That animating texture is really under used in Iclone. It's a powerfull feature to animate shape. Very usefull for liquid, sand , lava etc...
mark
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Another Super Tute! Thanks Alan!!!BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
theschemer (2/20/2017)
Great tutorial Alan. Only thing I wanted to mention is in the beginning you can see the whole IClone window and after half way through, you are clicking on things off-screen. Not a big deal as I know what you were clicking but a noob may not. I liked it a lot. I suppose round tracks (tires) could be made using the same technique correct?
Thanks,
TS

Yeah, sorry about that.  That was actually deliberate on my part.  I have a bad tenancy to to waggle my mouse cursor a lot.  So the capture software naturally pics this up and follows my inane movements around.  So I was trying to hide this by turning off the display of the mouse cursor when I wanted to use box highlights.  So I was not off screen but you could see were my cursor was going by where it passed over on the interface even though it was hidden.  

I will do my best to do better, all I can say in my defence is that these tutorials are not commercial, its not like I am charging for them or anything and when you are mixing things with your day job you sometimes let the side down.  Again, my apologies.

Alan M
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
animagic (2/20/2017)
Very clear tutorial, Alan.

One thing I seem to remember when using tessellation is to turn tessellation shadow on in the preferences.

Very good point, I completely forgot about that one.  For those not in the know it basically means the tessellated item casts correct displaced shadows in the environment.

Cheers animagic.

Alan M
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Alan_M (2/20/2017)
theschemer (2/20/2017)
Great tutorial Alan. Only thing I wanted to mention is in the beginning you can see the whole IClone window and after half way through, you are clicking on things off-screen. Not a big deal as I know what you were clicking but a noob may not. I liked it a lot. I suppose round tracks (tires) could be made using the same technique correct?
Thanks,
TS

Yeah, sorry about that.  That was actually deliberate on my part.  I have a bad tenancy to to waggle my mouse cursor a lot.  So the capture software naturally pics this up and follows my inane movements around.  So I was trying to hide this by turning off the display of the mouse cursor when I wanted to use box highlights.  So I was not off screen but you could see were my cursor was going by where it passed over on the interface even though it was hidden.  

I will do my best to do better, all I can say in my defence is that these tutorials are not commercial, its not like I am charging for them or anything and when you are mixing things with your day job you sometimes let the side down.  Again, my apologies.

Alan,
  No need to apologize. I love all your tutorials and I understand you are doing this for free. Keep up the most excellent work. Smile
TS

Reading This Topic