Profile Picture

Creating a Side G3 Character

Posted By brookelustig 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
brookelustig
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi everyone,

I am attempting to create a G3 character. I was able to get a front character to work and now I would like to use the same character for the side motions. How do I accomplish this? Do I need a new image file? Does anyone have any tips on how to transform a front image character to use for the side/angled portion of g3 characters?

Hope to get some help here, desperateSmile

Cheers,

Brooke
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
HI, It seems like you will need to prepare two characters and switch to another character while on the other side in your case.

You can refer to demo project: 02_G3 Human.
You could see how the demo changed front character to side character at frames 218.

I hope this information could help you!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c10a0f59-0389-4b5a-9a77-654a.png
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
The online CTA3 manual is probably the place to look for an answer. [HERE]

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

brookelustig
brookelustig
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi guys, thanks for the responses! I know I need two different versions of the character. I have created a front custom character and my question is how do I transform this custom character so I can use it sideways with cta? Can I do it within cta or do I need to use an external tool like photoshop or illustrator? Does anyone know an easy way to change the angle of a front G3 character so it can be used with CTA g3 elastic motion (side)?

Thanks again,

Brooke
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi brookelustig,

The G3 character is not multiple angles character, thus you must be created side portion of G3 character with external editing.
You can get more information about in online manual:
http://manual.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_Animator_3/ENU/Pipeline/Default.htm#Resources/CTA3/03_Actor/Character_Types/G3_Character.htm%3FTocPath%3DCharacter%2520Types%2520(New)%7C_____3

But you can design G2 character via Animate CC, the G2 character is multiple angles character so that you can easier to change the angle of character in CTA3.

Reading This Topic