Working at 25fps and exporting audio

Posted By Miichael 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Miichael
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi,

I've downloaded the trial of CrazyTalk8 for a bit of R&D. Have come up against a couple of problems though, I wonder if anyone can help me?

(I've tried searching the forum in case this has been asked before, but the search function isn't working for me at the moment so apologies if this has been asked a load of times already!)

Firstly, I really need to be able to work at 25fps... But I can't find an option to do this. If I work at 30fps and remap the time my audio won't stay in sync.
Secondly, none of my exports have come out with sound attached. Is this just a limitation of the trial? Or am I missing an option somewhere?

Otherwise it looks really promising! I have other questions but I'll ask them separately.

Cheers,

M
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Frame rate is fixed at 30 fps for formats like WMV or MP4 but if you choose AVI then you can adjust frame rate to 25fps.

For the sound issue, do you have sound when you preview the project in CT8? If you do, which video export format are you choosing?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Miichael
Miichael
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)Veteran Member (626 reputation)

I'm on a Mac, and when exporting set my export to 25fps as a ProRes QT. Because the audio wasn't exporting (I can't see any audio options in the export dialogue) I can't tell if this will keep my sync - I'm used to setting frame rates when setting a project up. If the project has been working at 30fps but exports at 25fps then it could well come out 20% slower, which would extend my shots past what I want and alter the pitch of the voice.

Can you let me know what happens with this?
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Miichael (11/22/2016)
I'm on a Mac, and when exporting set my export to 25fps as a ProRes QT. Because the audio wasn't exporting (I can't see any audio options in the export dialogue) I can't tell if this will keep my sync - I'm used to setting frame rates when setting a project up. If the project has been working at 30fps but exports at 25fps then it could well come out 20% slower, which would extend my shots past what I want and alter the pitch of the voice.

Can you let me know what happens with this?

If you render out in AVI and the post-edit to convert to QT, you shouldn't have any problems.  This is a Link to a Full Frame Uncompressed (AVI) rendered at 25 FPS, and then Post edited using Corel Video Studio8 to Quicktime (QT) format using a custom Profile for output from the Original AVi. 

If that meets your expectations, then you you should be in business.  I'll leave the video there for a few days to allow you time to download or see it.  I will eventually take it down to conserve storage space.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Miichael
Miichael
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks, that was very useful.

The answer was somewhat simple in the end... The slider on the timeline for audio volume is turned all the way down by default and I hadn't noticed. Putting that back up reinstated the audio. Bit embarrassed! Thank you everyone though!

Reading This Topic