CloneCloth Templates

Posted By AverageJoe 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AverageJoe
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I have purchased, downloaded, and installed both G3 Essential CloneCloth addons, and I see extra clothing sets in the Avatar section.  But what I dont see are all the templates for designing clothes.  I only have the Dylan Clone Casual and the Jane Clone Casual. None of the templates that are supposed to come with CloneCloth. Shouldn't then show up somewhere, so I can choose it?
ContentDude
ContentDude
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
All cloth templpates are saved as material files.  To apply a template, first you apply a CloneCloth Character, then click on upper and load the material.  You can see "thumbnails" of all upper cloth templates.  Then click on lower and repeat the process.  Please give it a try.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

ContentDude (10/23/2009)
All cloth templpates are saved as material files.  To apply a template, first you apply a CloneCloth Character, then click on upper and load the material.  You can see "thumbnails" of all upper cloth templates.  Then click on lower and repeat the process.  Please give it a try.

That is exactly what I did, there are no thumbnails for any of the CloneCloth templates in Upper Body, or Lower Body.  Just the Dylan Clone Casual and the Jane Clone Casual. However, in the Avatar selection, there are the various different outfits that come with the addon pack, I just don't seem to have any of the templates, or at least they're not showing up in the approrpiate sections (Upper Body & Lower Body).

aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
hoping i understood the question right - first you load the appropriate material for the upper and lower then don't forget to save the upper and lower to your custom folder - currently the only way to have the template in you content manager

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

aknzrdude (10/23/2009)
hoping i understood the question right - first you load the appropriate material for the upper and lower then don't forget to save the upper and lower to your custom folder - currently the only way to have the template in you content manager

Two days ago, I would load an avatar.  The I would choose Upper Body, and in the conent manager were a whole slew of different clothing style template.  I could pick one, it would be applied (with the white grid structure and no material).  I would then click the diffuse channel on the right side, and that template would load into my image editor and I could do whatever I wanted with that template.  Then I'd save it, come back to IC, and hit the update button, and walah, my newly created fashion would show.

Thos thumbnail templates, of the different clothing styles do not appear in my IC content manager anymore.  I have no thumbnails of the CloneCLoth templates, and thus cannot design new clothing options or styles.

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Does anybody have an answer or a reason for this?

Remember that badly misspelled email some of us received?  This is what prompted me to re-download and re-install the CloneCloth addon packs, and it was at that point the thumbnails no longer showed up, thus no longer allowing me to design my own fashions.

I've included two small screen captures.  One showing all the CloneCLoth pre-made clothes, and the second shows my empty Upper Body section, with no CloneCloth templates listed. Well, other than the default 2 that come with iClone 4...

I'd really like to get this resolved so I can get back to making some fashions for my actors...

Edited
15 Years Ago by wizaerd
aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

wizaerd i checked my install and it looks like G3 did not install the upper and lower templates - i went back to my old iclone 3 install and same thing there - no upper nor lower templates were installed - if i remember correctly it did install for G2 clone cloth but not for G3 - you had to load material and save it in your custom folder

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I've never been able to apply an upper body or lower body CloneCloth template to an avatar before, by simply choosing it out of the content manager. I coulda swore or bet I've done it before, but I can't very well deny that they're not there now.  And other people are saying they're not there, nor were they ever. So I'll have to accept that.

So I've done as told, I loaded a material via the Load Material button (after being sure I the UpperBody in the drop down, navigated to the location of the CloneCloth template files, and loading it.  Without touching any other single button, link, button, or entry field, the template appeared on my avatar... mis-aligned. Nothing lined up.

Nobody else thinks it's odd that everything in iClone is drag & drop, thumbnails for everything (faces, heads, hairs, shirts, shoes, accessories, props, etc) but no built in way to view thumbnail previews and choose a clonecloth template other than this approach? Buy a content pack, it installs in iCLone, you use it by picking it from the content manager. Everything excpet CloneCloth?

Anyway, here's a preview shot and screen capture of my mis-aligned template. All I did was load the material...

aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

it looks like you started out with a standard Trey character and loaded the material file for a different upper

what you should do is go to the G3 clone cloth directory under template - select one of the trey characters there - for example the C247A_Trey_Body_suit then once that character is loaded, click on UPPER then load material, looking under the Trey_Bodysuit folder - there you will find the template iMtl file. Load that and the avatar should be updated, then save it in your custom folder

Edited
15 Years Ago by aknzrdude
Alley
Alley
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi, somebody had asked me about this via email and I had given this response, so I've just copied and pasted here.  These are covering every step for anyone who needs more detailed instructions.  Aknzrdude's instructions are correct, but this is more detailed and also makes it easier for mixing uppers and lowers from different base cloths.

It's confusing if you came from using G2 cloth, as the upper and lower cloths came pre-installed but Reallusion did not provide the clone cloth uppers and lowers separated like they did for G2 cloth as they have switched to iMtl files rather than textures.   So, as a one time operation to make your live easier, this is what I would do.  This is time-consuming, but you only have to do it once and then it’s done.

1)  Load Trey Bodysuit clothed. (Example the yellow wetsuit)

2)  Select Upper tab…then Load Materials and navigate to the Trey Bodysuit Upper iMaterial template and load that.  If when you press load materials, if it doesn’t open up at the right folder, the folder can be found at c:/Program Files/Reallusion/Iclone 3/Template/Iclone Template/Materials Lib/G3 Clone Cloth V1/Trey Bodysuit/Trey_Bodysuit_Upper_Template_Map.iMtl

3)  When you have loaded this, Create a folder in your Custom Content on the left Called Male G3 Clone Cloth Uppers(or whatever you want) and save the upper. (by pressing the Plus sign on the left).  Now the clone cloth upper is easy to access for future.

4)  Now select the Lower Tab….Load Materials and navigate to Trey Bodysuit Lower Template Map iMtl.  Save this in a folder in your custom directory called Male G3 Clone Cloth Lowers.  Again, now easy to access for future.

5)  Repeat the whole process for each character.  i.e.  now load Trey Casual or whichever you want to do next.  When you are done, you should have about 6 or 7 base uppers and lowers now in your custom directory.

6)  Repeat the same steps for Violet cloth.  When finished, all cloth files will be ready and easy to access.

7)  Forgot to add you should do the same with all the shoes.  load a character with Trey Career shoes on.  Now navigate through load Materials to the Shoes_Trey_Career_Template_Map.iMtl so the Career Cloth is now on Trey.  Create a Custom Shoe Folder in your custom directory on the left and save the base cloth.  Repeat for All of Trey shoes and Violet shoes.  Make a separate file for Trey and Violet so it is not confusing.

8)  Let’s say you either want to add an outfit or make one that consists of bodysuit lower and Overcoat 02 Upper.   Now you simply load Trey.  Then select the lower tab and from your custom content on the left, double click the Bodysuit lower cloth you had saved.  Select Upper and from custom content on the left, load the Overcoat 02 cloth.  Select Shoes (if part of the cloth) and load the shoe cloth.  Now you have your character in the correct cloth to apply or make the outfit.

9) Once the outfit is make or applied, you can either save the character or save the clothed upper or lower for mixing and matching

Alley

Edited
15 Years Ago by Alley

Reading This Topic