Hi, somebody had asked me about this via email and I had given this response, so I've just copied and pasted here. These are covering every step for anyone who needs more detailed instructions. Aknzrdude's instructions are correct, but this is more detailed and also makes it easier for mixing uppers and lowers from different base cloths.
It's confusing if you came from using G2 cloth, as the upper and lower cloths came pre-installed but Reallusion did not provide the clone cloth uppers and lowers separated like they did for G2 cloth as they have switched to iMtl files rather than textures. So, as a one time operation to make your live easier, this is what I would do. This is time-consuming, but you only have to do it once and then it’s done.
1) Load Trey Bodysuit clothed. (Example the yellow wetsuit)
2) Select Upper tab…then Load Materials and navigate to the Trey Bodysuit Upper iMaterial template and load that. If when you press load materials, if it doesn’t open up at the right folder, the folder can be found at c:/Program Files/Reallusion/Iclone 3/Template/Iclone Template/Materials Lib/G3 Clone Cloth V1/Trey Bodysuit/Trey_Bodysuit_Upper_Template_Map.iMtl
3) When you have loaded this, Create a folder in your Custom Content on the left Called Male G3 Clone Cloth Uppers(or whatever you want) and save the upper. (by pressing the Plus sign on the left). Now the clone cloth upper is easy to access for future.
4) Now select the Lower Tab….Load Materials and navigate to Trey Bodysuit Lower Template Map iMtl. Save this in a folder in your custom directory called Male G3 Clone Cloth Lowers. Again, now easy to access for future.
5) Repeat the whole process for each character. i.e. now load Trey Casual or whichever you want to do next. When you are done, you should have about 6 or 7 base uppers and lowers now in your custom directory.
6) Repeat the same steps for Violet cloth. When finished, all cloth files will be ready and easy to access.
7) Forgot to add you should do the same with all the shoes. load a character with Trey Career shoes on. Now navigate through load Materials to the Shoes_Trey_Career_Template_Map.iMtl so the Career Cloth is now on Trey. Create a Custom Shoe Folder in your custom directory on the left and save the base cloth. Repeat for All of Trey shoes and Violet shoes. Make a separate file for Trey and Violet so it is not confusing.
8) Let’s say you either want to add an outfit or make one that consists of bodysuit lower and Overcoat 02 Upper. Now you simply load Trey. Then select the lower tab and from your custom content on the left, double click the Bodysuit lower cloth you had saved. Select Upper and from custom content on the left, load the Overcoat 02 cloth. Select Shoes (if part of the cloth) and load the shoe cloth. Now you have your character in the correct cloth to apply or make the outfit.
9) Once the outfit is make or applied, you can either save the character or save the clothed upper or lower for mixing and matching
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something"
10 Years Ago by