Profile Picture

What happens to a CC character's texture if I modify the mesh in ZBrush?

Posted By AdventDestiny 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

What happens to a CC character's texture if I modify the mesh in...

Author
AdventDestiny
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm working on a character in for the 3D Character Design Contest, and I plan on taking this model...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/630c002d-c3aa-4e8f-ab86-d3f5.jpg
... into ZBrush. My question is, once in ZBrush, if I begin sculpting and modifying the mesh, can I do anything to preserve the current texture maps around the new mesh?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
When you modify your character in ZBrush DO NOT change the total number and structure of the vertex in the avatar by means of any features such as sub-division, slice, add/delete vertices... and so on. If you follow this rule you won't have any problems with the textures.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Ah, too bad, I have to chance the subdivision levels to modify the appearance of the character. Thanks for the info!

Reading This Topic