Profile Picture

Need a developer to create 30 to 60 second trailer

Posted By mdgmpa 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mdgmpa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I am looking for a talented develop who would like to create a 30 to 60 second cartoon animation for a project called Safety Goat (tm). 2d would be fine but the overall purpose would be represent who safety goat is and what his super powers are at a quality level to gain studio interest. On a budget until the project goes but right person with the right talent could get in on bottom floor of project.
Does anyone know someone that might be interested in a project like this with sick animation skills and can bring a butt load of edgy humor?

Thanks
Mark
mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
....a project like this with sick animation skills...?

Man I reek with "sick" animation skills!!!!!TongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
mdgmpa (6/8/2016)
...and can bring a butt load of edgy humor?

Are you looking for a writer too?  That's where the edgy humor will come from.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

mdgmpa
mdgmpa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)

Share some links to your sick skills at safetygoatproject@gmail.com and we can go from there!

mdgmpa
mdgmpa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Writer could be good but need developer capable of capture the essence of safety goat in animation. If interested in either let me know. We'll see were we go from there!

mdgmpa
mdgmpa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Have any animation like simpsons etc.

pmaina
pmaina
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
@mdgmpa

1. Please share example videos showing what you mean by "sick animations kills" and also one or two links to you-tube videos similar in concept to what you have in mind.
2. I see you are a newbie, what videos attracted you to iClone community? Post link please.
3. Whats your budget for the animator? 
4. Do you already have the creative elements in place (characters, scripts, sets, voice etc)?
5. Do you need an all-round jack of all trades person  or will you have people in charge of major departments (set design, cinematography, character dev, etc)
6. Will your client expect 100% exclusive ownership of the main character(s) - so it has to be based on unique artwork?
7. Are you planning to use motion capture technology? or will you buy motions and mix/match best fit or will there be a lot of keyframing?
8. What is your expectation regarding timelines for the project?
9. Do you have a  credible escrow for payment assurance (freelancer.com can do for example)?
Cheers.
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
pmaina (6/8/2016)
@mdgmpa

1. Please share example videos showing what you mean by "sick animations kills" and also one or two links to you-tube videos similar in concept to what you have in mind.
2. I see you are a newbie, what videos attracted you to iClone community? Post link please.
3. Whats your budget for the animator? 
4. Do you already have the creative elements in place (characters, scripts, sets, voice etc)?
5. Do you need an all-round jack of all trades person  or will you have people in charge of major departments (set design, cinematography, character dev, etc)
6. Will your client expect 100% exclusive ownership of the main character(s) - so it has to be based on unique artwork?
7. Are you planning to use motion capture technology? or will you buy motions and mix/match best fit or will there be a lot of keyframing?
8. What is your expectation regarding timelines for the project?
9. Do you have a  credible escrow for payment assurance (freelancer.com can do for example)?
Cheers.

Thanks for a needed dose of caution. It's great that people outside the IC community are looking inside for content creators and I certainly hope this works out well for Mark and someone in our community. Nothing personal Mark but I recall a similar posting in the not so distant past and I don't recall it working out so well.

btw - Does RL have a job posting thread? If not it would be a great idea..

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
8 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@Mark (original poster),

Do no take VirtualMedia's list of questions in a negative way!!!  They are all great questions, meant to clarify what skill set and what sort of arrangement you are seeking.

Every once in a while, someone comes here with "for hire" opportunities.  (Other times requesting people to work for free, but appearing in credits.)  Sometimes things work out great.  Other times a person asks, people respond, but the originator never returns, never replies, and doesn't even have the courtesy to say goodbye.

It's tough when we don't know each other yet.

A HUGE CHALLENGE HERE, if I understood this correctly, is "nothing" exists yet.  So the person creating the trailer will have a huge investment in time and effort into creating everything; the character(s), props, the set, voice-over, sound effects, music, all of that.  In that sense, a 30-second trailer could be 90% as much work as making a 5-minute or longer video.  Do you "underpay" the person making the trailer, in exchange for the promise of follow-on work where he or she can now efficiently leverage those assets?  Or do you pay "full price" with no promise of who gets the future work?

On that thought... what if a studio does like it, but wants to buy the rights to it and make it themselves?  Does the trailer-maker share in those riches, since he wouldn't be getting and of that future work?

A couple more immediate question are:  What if you're not happy with the results?  Expectations to preview (and "direct") work-in-progress?

I hope it all works out great for both you and anyone who partners with you.  Hopefully we can see some screenshots and hear a success story.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
justaviking (6/9/2016)
@Mark (original poster),

Do no take VirtualMedia's list of questions in a negative way!!!  They are all great questions, meant to clarify what skill set and what sort of arrangement you are seeking.

Every once in a while, someone comes here with "for hire" opportunities.  (Other times requesting people to work for free, but appearing in credits.)  Sometimes things work out great.  Other times a person asks, people respond, but the originator never returns, never replies, and doesn't even have the courtesy to say goodbye.

It's tough when we don't know each other yet.

A HUGE CHALLENGE HERE, if I understood this correctly, is "nothing" exists yet.  So the person creating the trailer will have a huge investment in time and effort into creating everything; the character(s), props, the set, voice-over, sound effects, music, all of that.  In that sense, a 30-second trailer could be 90% as much work as making a 5-minute or longer video.  Do you "underpay" the person making the trailer, in exchange for the promise of follow-on work where he or she can now efficiently leverage those assets?  Or do you pay "full price" with no promise of who gets the future work?

On that thought... what if a studio does like it, but wants to buy the rights to it and make it themselves?  Does the trailer-maker share in those riches, since he wouldn't be getting and of that future work?

A couple more immediate question are:  What if you're not happy with the results?  Expectations to preview (and "direct") work-in-progress?

I hope it all works out great for both you and anyone who partners with you.  Hopefully we can see some screenshots and hear a success story.

Credit goes to where credits due - pmaina had the great questions and you have some great follow ups. I just quoted pmaina and threw in some caution, your candor is appreciated and summed up well. I had no ill intent,  just looking out for fellow members.

Unfortunately I had a few rides in this rodeo in days gone by which ultimately led to a team of me myself and I. It is what it is but I lost some good friends, a lot of time and money in the process. Hope this is just a cautionary tale and Mark and his future content creator make this a win - win!

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
8 Years Ago by VirtualMedia

Reading This Topic