Profile Picture

When will we get the DAZ facial pipeline back?? - Latest version of DAZ has broken the talking...

Posted By Luden UK 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

When will we get the DAZ facial pipeline back?? - Latest version of...

Author
Luden UK
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So apparently DAZ have updated their fbx export feature in the latest version and now the face avatar key sequence animation files for Genesis and Genesis 2 no longer work with 3DXChange. We're expected to manually map every single character manually or something which is just ridiculous.  I really don't have time for that.

I still don't have an official reply from DAZ yet despite submitting a support request over a week ago but I learned this today on their forums.

Does Reallusion plan on giving us a new face key file we can use with this latest change because until this is fixed I can't get new characters into iClone or Unity with facial animation. I really hope this can be resolved soon, I've lost a week of development here which I actually booked a week off from work to work on my video game and I couldn't do a damn thing on it because of this now broken pipeline and no way to roll back to a previous version of DAZ)

Anybody have any idea how to get my characters face mapped in 3DXChange with the latest version of DAZ so I can make some progress in Unity please??
Sepiasiren2021
Sepiasiren2021
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Having the same issue -- the only thing I think we can do is roll back to the previous version which I have asked from DAZ -- they don't have links to it, so we have to contact support to get it. Pain in the tookus I tell yah...

http://www.luvmultimedia.com
michael7
michael7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

I'm completely new to iclone6 but one of the reasons I bought it was to make use of it's better lip sync characteristics. Most of my work is/has been done in Daz. I just brought one of my Daz characters into iclone6 to do the lip syncing and it worked fine. I'm trying to understand what you mean, are you refering to more than just lip syncing, like facial expressions etc.?
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
You can't really blame Reallusion for DAZ messing up, which they are very good at.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Lesson sadly is always keep backups of older versions of software in case they bork something.
I learnt that after a few updates years ago.
iClone too, I keep iClone 5 and 3DX5 pipeline so I can import CC avatars as animated props and use the drop shadow for compositing.
DAZ studio I use DS4.7 as my release build with the 4.9 beta only.

Luden UK
Luden UK
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)

Can anybody please provide a link for a previous version of DAZ so we can get up and running again? I've requested this from DAZ but it's been 9 days since I opened a ticket which they have yet to respond to so I may be waiting a while... Thanks
Rockitscience
Rockitscience
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Awesome, Thank heavens I thought it was my stupidity, I have been messing with this for almost 2 days before finding this out.Fortunately I have versions of Daz on my laptops, that since i havent been on the internet in a while should be loaded with earlier versions. so hopefully that will work, I'll let you guys know after a much needed nap. lol  

I am not happy with their customer support for sure I am having another issue getting, my account to connect, so smart content shows as not installed. Ticket submitted a month ago, followed up with phone call no response. 

THANK-YOU for posting this, Much appreciated. 

wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
With Reallusion working on improving their own Character Creator I suspect that they won't really be placing too much importance on supporting DAZ stuff. Since RL didn't break the workflow from DAZ to iClone maybe you should all just ask the folks at DAZ to provide you with a method of converting "their" assets for games.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

As I have.
I am actually very impressed with CC and becoming less enthused about the latest DAZ offerings but ironically Genesis 3 still works if you use bone presets in expression editor.
I made some as did Crikey and maybe ithers inc Reallusion could, its not morph dependent just rigging.

Rockitscience
Rockitscience
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
The real problem is the Reallusion clothing is of a modern flair so I am limited.. considering my project is a scifi epic. now if I could get my fantasy and scifi clothing to work with the CC. then we'd have something
Attachments
SL TEST 00.png (178 views, 4.00 MB)

Reading This Topic