Why the eyes are not aligned ?

Posted By magnoliaPower 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
magnoliaPower
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,
For all the CC characters I use or create, when I render the scene with Indigo, I get blurry/glossy eyes and the pupils are not aligned the same way they are in iClone, which is quite disappointing (by maybe it is a side effect of the bad rendering?).

Here's a picture with the eyes not aligned and with this blurry / glossy / washed eyes.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e591bbe5-0694-4a2a-a07a-05bd.png

and here's the iClone Camera rendering:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9febbaf8-46db-4acb-90da-3628.png

Do you know what I can do to solve these two issues ?

Thanks in advance,

Fred.

--------
PC : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
RAM: 128 Go
Graphics Card : NVidia GeForce RTX 3090

Softwares: Reallusion products, Adobe suite, Blender, NVidia Omniverse

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I'm not entirely sure from the pictures (maybe due to the budget monitor I'm on at the moment), but are the eyes actually misaligned, or are the pupils simply not rendering correctly?  It sort of looks to me like the "material" for the eyes is messed up, but might be positioned correctly.

That doesn't solve your problem, but maybe you have only one problem rather than two.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

magnoliaPower
magnoliaPower
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Yes, thanks, in this case 1 is better than 2.

But it occurs on many characters.
I am still searching...

--------

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
The eyes in CC have reflection maps, which may not render correctly. Even in iClone I found them too reflective sometimes and had to tone their value down. Same with specularity.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

animagic (5/12/2016)
The eyes in CC have reflection maps, which may not render correctly. Even in iClone I found them too reflective sometimes and had to tone their value down. Same with specularity.

Good point.  I noticed that on the CC avatar I've been using lately, and was "this close" to toning it down for my iClone project.  I can easily imagine that excess reflectivity causing the eyeball to get "washed out" looking in Indigo.

So...  In iClone...  Select the "Base Eye" sub-prop (under the Avatar), and in the Material Setting turn Specular down and Glossiness up.  The one that's probably "wrong" is the Cornea material.
I recommend trying an "extreme" change first, just to see what happens, then you can try to fine-tune it.  See if that helps, and let us know.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

magnoliaPower
magnoliaPower
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the advice.
I've done that, but not much success.
It seems that the best way is to set down both the IOR of eye and cornea in the indigo settings. It is set to 2.0, but 1.4 seems to vanish this "rendering bug".
This page says 1,4 to 1,3, depending the part of the eye you are talking about. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/eyescal.html

Here's a test with GPU rendering.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/31f4c56a-76d4-4468-9512-2aa0.png

--------

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Cool.  Smile

I'm glad you're achieving success.
It sounds like an issue that should be reported in the Issue Tracker.
We should not have to fiddle with the eyes to get a reasonable result in Indigo.

magnoliaPower
magnoliaPower
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I believe Reallusion is reading the forum.
I am not a master of bug tracking forms ;-)

--------

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Reallusion has clearly instructed us to us "Feedback Tracker" to report bugs and issues.
It's not hard to use.

On a very positive note, I've already had several of my reports "accepted" in one way or another.  I even had a response of "Not Reproducible" get changed when I provided additional detail.  (I did the same for an issue someone else posted, too.)

I'd do it myself, but I'm not at home right now and would want to verify that I get the same behavior.
Maybe (no promise) I could do it, but I think this evening is already booked and I won't get to see my computer until tomorrow.
If you report it, please add a link here.

magnoliaPower
magnoliaPower
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok, if possible, i will do it, but I am not fluent in english, so maybe my explanation won't be clear.

F

--------

Reading This Topic