Crazy Talk Animator and dependency on Adobe Products

Posted By toonmanbill 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
barrie_mcdermid
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I would love to see some integration between Affinity products and Crazytalk Animator.  I'm convinced that it would benefit both companies.  I own Flash CS5 so I can alter the Buddy templates, but would love to ditch Adobe totally.

How about it guys?

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Moving away from Flash would be a huge mistake on th epart of Reallusion.

1. It's the standard for Flash format.
2. its the easiest to learn and use.
3. Its actually the cheapest optiuon. At $20/mo flash itself is actually the cheapest option out there.

The only other real option that RL has is to create built in drawing and painting tools inside of the software itself. Based on history, this usually comes with an additional $200 - $300 pricetag. I doubt RL is ready to jump into that area. based on history also this, almsot always results in poorly designed tools with incredibly crappy workflows.

If your gonna spend an extra $300 anyway, just spend it on flash wihich is already the superior tool to use anyway.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I just installed the Windows Beta of Affinity and from what I've seen so far is that it will not open DrawPlus or Flash files (i.e. the DP template) and  does not export into SWF format.
Just from that alone, Affinity, the "replacement" for DrawPlus, is a bust for using with CTA.
I don't know what formats the new CTA3 will use for importing images and character templates but hopefully it is something other than SWF (which is an older format) since it seems that Adobe will be the only one supporting it.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
SWF is an open format created by Macromedia. They realeased the SDK a long tinme ago and any company is able to use the format and create their own products.

Personally Im ok with whatever format as long as the development tools are up to par. but frankly there really isant anything thats really up to par outside of photoshop, illustrator and Flash.

Clips Studio/ manga studio shows a bit of promise but nothing on the side of scripting support .

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
vidi
vidi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Clips Studio/ manga studio shows a bit of promise but nothing on the side of scripting support .

That is pixelbased not vector
2. its the easiest to learn and use
3. Its actually the cheapest optiuon. At $20/mo flash itself is actually the cheapest option out there. CTA 3 should be open to all 2D programs and many formats 

Flash is not for me the best easiest or cheapest Application . For me personally it is xara . The only reason for Flash to use is the layering for CTA and actually that should be a function in CTA itself
That means not matter where I draw and which vector format I use (pdf, ai. eps . svg . swf...) . Import as Sheet and adjust all in CTA 3 .

Afinity Designer seems to me a stripped Version from DWplus . I'm not very impressed . So many feature are not included. Also NO SWF .  But funny to see,   how can change a grey GUI the minds. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
jlittle (7/8/2016)

I don't know what formats the new CTA3 will use for importing images and character templates but hopefully it is something other than SWF (which is an older format) since it seems that Adobe will be the only one supporting it.

Jeff

CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X7 has SWF export.

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
vidi
vidi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
xara, Illustrator,  and Anime Studio have SWF too, but all  are useless if  only Flash and Draw Plus can do the Layer for CTA X

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

allamosa
allamosa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I was hoping this was an answer to my post about the Sketchup file causing an error message when I try and load it into 3DExchange.
Then the entire site closes.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/93bae24e-c850-4552-8da7-c2db.jpg
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
vidi (7/8/2016)
[quote]
Affinity Designer seems to me a stripped Version from DWplus . I'm not very impressed . So many feature are not included. Also NO SWF .  But funny to see,   how can change a grey GUI the minds. 

I'm not very impressed 
Affinity Designer is a lot of hype and very little meat. DrawPlus is far superior to Affinity Designer and Serif is not budging on making improvements such as UI color or SWF export. Corel and Adobe had to learn about dark black UI's being hard on people of age and use in other types of environments. (I use iC 5.5 for this same reason.)

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
allamosa
allamosa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Tutor could you please help me with the problem I posted.

Anything I make in Sketchup will not load in 3DExchange and it just shuts the program down when I try to load it.

I thought maybe the file was too big but I made a simple box and got the same results.

The stuff in the 3D warehouse loads with no problem. It seems it is just the stuff I make.

Reading This Topic