Crazy Talk Animator and dependency on Adobe Products

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic282007.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By toonmanbill - 8 Years Ago
Please update Crazy Talk Animator do that is not dependent on Adobe Products.  The ability to create custom characters in other software ( besides a flash format character sheet file ) is essential for a lot of users.  

Thanks!

By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
Hi.. You can also use DrawPlus which is a budget priced drawing package form Serif. Templates for DrawPlus are available to CTA2 Pipeline owners.
Peter (RL) (4/26/2016)
Hi.. You can also use DrawPlus which is a budget priced drawing package form Serif. Templates for DrawPlus are available to CTA2 Pipeline owners.

Thank for the post Peter!

DrawPlus is a great product!!!
The only problem with DrawPlus is that is only available for PC and not for the MAC.
It would be nice to see Templates for Affinity Designer and other software.
Are there any templates for Affinity Designer?  The same people that make DrawPlus also make Affinity Designer.

Bill

By jlittle - 8 Years Ago
Of note is that Serif's DrawPlus will no longer be updated (last version is x8) because it is being replaced by Affinity Designer for the PC.
Not sure how or if the PC version of AD will be able to use DrawPlus templates.

Jeff

Peter (RL) (4/26/2016)

Peter, can Affinity Designer for MAC open the DrawPlus template to use with Crazy Talk Animator?

jlittle (4/26/2016)
Of note is that Serif's DrawPlus will no longer be updated (last version is x8) because it is being replaced by Affinity Designer for the PC.
Not sure how or if the PC version of AD will be able to use DrawPlus templates.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
The PC people are going to love Affinity Designer!  It's a great app.
But that's very interesting.  I wonder if Affinity Designer for MAC could open the DrawPlus template to use with Crazy Talk Animator?

Bill

By jlittle - 8 Years Ago
Hey Bill,

Hopefully AD will be able to open DP templates or at the least can export SWF files or else it won't be usable for CTA.
At the worst, the template might have to be recreated from within AD.

Jeff
Peter (RL) (4/26/2016)

Peter, can Affinity Designer for MAC open the DrawPlus template to use with Crazy Talk Animator?

Bill

By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
toonmanbill (4/27/2016)

Bill

We have not tested this as yet. I will try to find out and let you know. Smile
By vidi - 8 Years Ago
can Affinity Designer for MAC open the DrawPlus template to use with Crazy Talk Animator

So far I know,  Afinity (Mac) do not support SWF . Anyway is very hard to find a MAC Software that create or handle SWF,  except "Flash (adobe)" Blink

Maybe  that  only means  the the name is changed   Satisfied

I have never understand why people see in drawplus the hooby tool and afinity  as a Photoshop Killer *LOL*
For me is it the same in grey , exept the MAC USER have not SWF . I'm happy I
can compare and have the choise   (I'm a MAC and Window User)
By barrie_mcdermid - 8 Years Ago
I would love to see some integration between Affinity products and Crazytalk Animator.  I'm convinced that it would benefit both companies.  I own Flash CS5 so I can alter the Buddy templates, but would love to ditch Adobe totally.

How about it guys?

By Ibis Fernandez - 8 Years Ago
Moving away from Flash would be a huge mistake on th epart of Reallusion.

1. It's the standard for Flash format.
2. its the easiest to learn and use.
3. Its actually the cheapest optiuon. At $20/mo flash itself is actually the cheapest option out there.

The only other real option that RL has is to create built in drawing and painting tools inside of the software itself. Based on history, this usually comes with an additional $200 - $300 pricetag. I doubt RL is ready to jump into that area. based on history also this, almsot always results in poorly designed tools with incredibly crappy workflows.

If your gonna spend an extra $300 anyway, just spend it on flash wihich is already the superior tool to use anyway.
By jlittle - 8 Years Ago
I just installed the Windows Beta of Affinity and from what I've seen so far is that it will not open DrawPlus or Flash files (i.e. the DP template) and  does not export into SWF format.
Just from that alone, Affinity, the "replacement" for DrawPlus, is a bust for using with CTA.
I don't know what formats the new CTA3 will use for importing images and character templates but hopefully it is something other than SWF (which is an older format) since it seems that Adobe will be the only one supporting it.

Jeff
SWF is an open format created by Macromedia. They realeased the SDK a long tinme ago and any company is able to use the format and create their own products.

Personally Im ok with whatever format as long as the development tools are up to par. but frankly there really isant anything thats really up to par outside of photoshop, illustrator and Flash.

Clips Studio/ manga studio shows a bit of promise but nothing on the side of scripting support .
By vidi - 8 Years Ago
Clips Studio/ manga studio shows a bit of promise but nothing on the side of scripting support .

That is pixelbased not vector
2. its the easiest to learn and use
3. Its actually the cheapest optiuon. At $20/mo flash itself is actually the cheapest option out there. CTA 3 should be open to all 2D programs and many formats 

Flash is not for me the best easiest or cheapest Application . For me personally it is xara . The only reason for Flash to use is the layering for CTA and actually that should be a function in CTA itself
That means not matter where I draw and which vector format I use (pdf, ai. eps . svg . swf...) . Import as Sheet and adjust all in CTA 3 .

Afinity Designer seems to me a stripped Version from DWplus . I'm not very impressed . So many feature are not included. Also NO SWF .  But funny to see,   how can change a grey GUI the minds. 
By lesdodds - 8 Years Ago
jlittle (7/8/2016)

I don't know what formats the new CTA3 will use for importing images and character templates but hopefully it is something other than SWF (which is an older format) since it seems that Adobe will be the only one supporting it.

Jeff

CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X7 has SWF export.

By vidi - 8 Years Ago
xara, Illustrator,  and Anime Studio have SWF too, but all  are useless if  only Flash and Draw Plus can do the Layer for CTA X

By allamosa - 8 Years Ago
I was hoping this was an answer to my post about the Sketchup file causing an error message when I try and load it into 3DExchange.
Then the entire site closes.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/93bae24e-c850-4552-8da7-c2db.jpg
By lesdodds - 8 Years Ago
vidi (7/8/2016)
[quote]
Affinity Designer seems to me a stripped Version from DWplus . I'm not very impressed . So many feature are not included. Also NO SWF .  But funny to see,   how can change a grey GUI the minds. 

I'm not very impressed 
Affinity Designer is a lot of hype and very little meat. DrawPlus is far superior to Affinity Designer and Serif is not budging on making improvements such as UI color or SWF export. Corel and Adobe had to learn about dark black UI's being hard on people of age and use in other types of environments. (I use iC 5.5 for this same reason.)

Tutor could you please help me with the problem I posted.

Anything I make in Sketchup will not load in 3DExchange and it just shuts the program down when I try to load it.

I thought maybe the file was too big but I made a simple box and got the same results.

The stuff in the 3D warehouse loads with no problem. It seems it is just the stuff I make.
allamosa (7/10/2016)
Tutor could you please help me with the problem I posted.

Anything I make in Sketchup will not load in 3DExchange and it just shuts the program down when I try to load it.

I thought maybe the file was too big but I made a simple box and got the same results.

The stuff in the 3D warehouse loads with no problem. It seems it is just the stuff I make.

Might just be the version number of your sketchup files. try saving your files as a version that is a year or more older so that it is sure to be compatible with your version of 3dxchange. RL doesnt quite put too much emphasis on compatibility updates so most likely you're just using or saving to a version of sketchup that 3dxchange hasn't been updated to support yet.
OK-thanks for the reply.
By toonmanbill - 6 Years Ago
This video may be helpful
Affinity Designer is great!

https://youtu.be/y7jewO_gAYU
By toonmanbill - 2 Years Ago
Just wanted to make a comment.  I am so happy that Reallusion has decided to put more effort into supporting many more PSD editors and not having users be dependent on Adobe products.  This opens up the doors to more users that can enjoy the software. A lot of people don't use Adobe products anymore.  I really like the workflow between CA4, Affinity Designer and/or Clip Studio Paint.  Thank you Reallusion !!!