Feedback Tracker Beta - Now Open

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Feedback Tracker Beta

No application is 100% free of issues or bugs, as there is always room to improve. So we have created a place where we can all work together to make your products better by making your suggestions visible to all, having them well-categorized, easy to track and easy to implement.

For this we have decided to allow all users to actively participate in our product improvement and development cycles with help from our brand-new Feedback Tracker platform that will put you in the developer seat, allowing you to suggest, vote, prioritize and track all product issues, findings, and enhancements. Ensuring the most efficient and transparent collaboration with you -- our partners. To find the Feedback Tracker please click HERE.

What can the Feedback Tracker do for you?

** Check reported bugs, saving your time on duplicated reporting.

** Report bugs and suggested feature enhancements.

** Voting priority for feature enhancements and bug fixes.

** View bugs we have successfully reproduced, confirming bug fixes that are on their way.

Service Policy & User Guide

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
It looks great Peter!
It will be nice to have everything in one place and I'm sure there will be a lot of great feedback and suggestions.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
8 Years Ago by jlittle
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Looking forward to contributing... and watching them get addressed.

Meanwhile, got any new teasers for us?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

will2power71
will2power71
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

I took the time to go back through some of my suggestions and I added them to the tracker. It'll be interesting to see what else people add or vote on.
JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Wow! Didn´t expect it that soon! Great news, RL!
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

great job!

I have one question, just to understand how to read the items: for each record, there is a field called "VERSION", another called "RELEASED" , then a text under "ACTUAL RESULT", and another text under "EXPECTED RESULT"..
Honestly, I have hard time to understand the bugs status... can you clarify the meaning of these fields ?

Finally, a suggestion: wouldn't be better to have two separate databases, one for the BUGS and one for the SUGGESTIONS ?

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

primaveranz
primaveranz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
So is there no feedback tracker for this website? I still find it incredibly frustrating that I can't tell what software a post relates to by looking at the "Latest" link. E.g. I have no interest in CTA but keep inadvertently opening posts about it.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

RobertoColombo (4/7/2016)
I have one question, just to understand how to read the items: for each record, there is a field called "VERSION", another called "RELEASED" , then a text under "ACTUAL RESULT", and another text under "EXPECTED RESULT"..
Honestly, I have hard time to understand the bugs status... can you clarify the meaning of these fields ?

Finally, a suggestion: wouldn't be better to have two separate databases, one for the BUGS and one for the SUGGESTIONS ?

I agree an explanation of the terminology would be nice.

You can filter on BUGS vs. SUGGESTIONS under the CATEGORY heading.  It behaved strangely and felt inconsistent.  Sometimes you need to click on the words rather than the drop-down arrows, and then you need to click the "RIGHT ARROW" at the right side of the header to "go" (apply the filter).  At first I was thinking it didn't work.

Nit-picking:  The word "Duplicate" should be "Duplicated" to match the tense of the other terms.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Nice clean interface and drop down filters...
Overall the Issues filters tags are pretty thorough
Good job RL! Smile

Thanks for listening to your users and make your users feel listened to...
not only this will reduce forum white noise
it will prevent user posts from getting lost in overflowing tech tips/ wish list forum
(it will also reduce anti-wish-list nonsense and create friendlier forum atmosphere!)

Do add these necessities for typical issues
  • External hyperlink
  • Internal hyperlink (for linking to related Issue #213)
  • Image link for bug/ suggestion pics (no-auto-sizing to prevent loss of crucial alpha-numeric details)
  • Bulleted list
Also...a minor thing
I understand CT areas need to be white and uninitimidating
but jumping from dark theme iC6 or RL forum to white glare web page (or 3DX6 for the matter) is frequent sudden shock to the eyes
So for iClone, 3DXchange = a light grey color for eye-saving glare reduction, if not too much work?

Thanks again for one of the most progressive things that has happened in this space!

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

And (after this has gone final perhaps) don't forget to pin this to Technical Tips as well as Wish List forum
So new users (or vet users who don't visit forum often) know
- where to find out if something is an issue, and if so, resolved or pending
- if something they want has already been suggested

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Reading This Topic