Removing Esssential Morph Data

Posted By Alley 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Alley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I have a character that I uploaded to the marketplace and it is being flagged as "orange derivative" as I inadvertently used a slider from the Essential Morphs.  Is there a way to remove modification made by the Essential Morphs?  With the character on the stage, I did select the particular Esssential Morph I had used and pressed reset.  It was the slightest of change and it went back to default position and the modification was removed from the character.  However, it is still being flagged after uploading?

Is there some other way to completely remove reference to that slider?

Alley

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 46 minutes ago
I may have found a way.

First, set the slider you don't want anymore to zero (or reset it in the little gear menu).
Now hit the reset for the whole character at the bottom of the panel.
Now hit undo in the tool menu, or Cmnd-Z.

This removed the zeroed-out morph from the morphs used list for me. It seems a little scary, but it works quite well. Maybe there is an easier way, but I this is what I found first.
Alley
Alley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Thanks Rampa, I tried it but it didn't work.  I wrote to Reallusion and unfortunately, once you use a slider and save the character, even if you reset you can't remove it.  If I had a project saved before I made this change, it might have worked but I didn't.  Also, I've been working on this guy for over a month, and I don't know why I used that slider, it would have been a mistake but I'll have to watch in future.  So the Essential Morph requirement will have to remain in this guy.

Alley

ToKoMotion
ToKoMotion
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Alley.

It should work if you "Bake" the Morph Slider. Baked morphs usually don't reference as an derivative. Hope that helps.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/43a4ac7b-bd85-430a-aa3e-e3f7.png    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9cbb0370-ee1b-4f58-9b3d-6930.png    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e84e0ec9-aa91-47d0-ae07-d519.png
FIND MORE:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/17a1d227-c563-4ece-a41a-257a.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Alley, did it remove it from the morphs used list? I was able to remove any Essential morph I added. Maybe it holds the reference in the file even when the morph is actually removed from the list?

I only a tested a few times, and have never tried preparing a character for sale.
Alley
Alley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, duh - where is the morphs used list?Blush

NM, I think I found it....so with the character loaded and checking "Currently Used" - I did reset the "Eyelid Heavy" and it appeared to reset but it still retains the DRM I guess.

Alley

Edited
8 Years Ago by Alley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh! It's called "Currently Used". Sorry. It's at the top of the morph list.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8f5e61f8-f64d-4854-8922-c77d.jpg
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here you go. I actually don't know if it works on a previously saved character, but it's worth a shot!

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

I know a way that might work but prob should not share it as it might enable circumventing the essentials DRM
Not tried and is not my intention either.
Is something many do in DAZ studio or Poser and me if I want one morph slider and that is create a full body morph by exporting an obj then reimporting it as a morph target.
You can load morphs this way in the updated Character creator too now.

Alley
Alley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow, thank you rampa.  I followed your instructions and I did get it to remove the morph from the list that way....and I saved the project again.  However, when it's uploaded, the reference is still there.

I started this project a while ago...with many things in between and maybe I screwed up from the beginning, i.e. maybe even the character I started with that I changed in zbrush had this built in.  I could have done some basic parameter changes in CC including the eye one from essential, then without saving, sent the nude character to iClone, then to 3dxchange, then exported the body as "Export Mesh" and done some changes in zbrush, then Replace Mesh and back to 3dxchange and back to iClone and back to CC.   The very first saved project seems to have this "Heavy Eyelid" morph in it and removing it any way still does not seem to get rid of it.  I guess chalk it up to a learning experience - this character is going to require the Essential Morphs Add-On pack I guess.

Wendy, thanks - I could try what you suggest.

Alley

Reading This Topic