align motion clips ?

Posted By jamie3d 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jamie3d
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi is there an easy way to match up the characters position between clips 
I have a clip I made with perception neuron and I want to use the end walk clip from mix moves move before it so the character walks in and then performs.

I have the align actor motion checked on in the animation menu but the character walks forward and then slides backwards to the the root of the other clip.

thanks in advance.

Jimmy
Edited
4 Years Ago by jamie3d
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Rampa has some great tutorials and techniques on how to do this.

Search this particular forum for his posts and you'll find them.

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jamie3d
jamie3d
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
cheers, watching on youtube now Smile
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (26.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.4K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
Hi Jimmy.

Hope my tutorials shed some light on it. I have kind of a progression there that I came to through running into various hurdles. The latest one I posted is the most sure-fire success prone of the bunch.

There are a couple things you might want to try first though.

The way the root tracking works, for the motion alignment, is that a new motion is applied at the root position of the last frame of the previous motion. That would be the "root" vs the "bone root (pelvis)". When you have the two tracking options enabled, iClone aligns the root right under the pelvis at every frame. This is done at runtime. No root translation is stored in a motion file.

So a good way to get root tracking onto your new mocap clip is to collect, save and reload that new version. Now iClone will apply the root tracking for each frame (if you have the tracking enabled).

There is a catch, and it why many of my tutorials exist. That is that the root tracking only tracks position, not rotation. So...... If your character is at the same rotation (facing the same way) as the last frame of the previous clip, then all is good with the world. Otherwise, some fixing is in order.

I have gotten some un-fixable glitches if I remove root tracking of clips with my character moving from place to place. But I don't think they happen all the time. For a long time I was a proponent of turning off the root tracking, and just manually aligning the clips. Now I am more in favor of using a dummy prop as my alignment gizmo. This allows for a continuous and consistent root tracking along with re-aligning.

Cary B
Cary B
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Just want to say thanks, rampa, for all your work on this aggravating issue. I followed your threads on this and your tutorials to try to get a handle on this. Appreciate you sharing.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

Reading This Topic