Posted By cyndi.foster 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Techincal Issue:: Objects snap to origin when opening iClone 6 file

Author
Problem.png
cyndi.foster
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I'm currently dealing with a bit of a weird issue in iClone 6, and I'm hoping maybe someone might have a solution.

Yesterday I made a full News Room set in iClone 6 with lights placed and everything. Sadly the only before image I have is the iClone 6's file icon thumbnail that shows a top view of the set.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4d5db610-1995-4cf4-887b-b3f8.jpg

This morning, however to my surprise, when I open this same file with the same file icon thumbnail, it appear like all objects have been snapped to the origin point.

:internal scream:

Does anyone know about this issue, what might be causing this, or how to fix it?

Thanks so much for any help
mark
This post has been flagged as an answer
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Sounds like there's an added keyframe in the timeline for your objects.If you play or scroll the payhead do the objects move into the correct position?
If so you have an extra keyframe in the timeline for your objects.
It's usually best to start building your set at frame 01 if you start later iClone will automatically add another keyframe.
I would scroll the playhead till most everything looks correct then you can right-click on your objects to reveal the menu that allows you to delete keyframes. That should get you back to normal.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

cyndi.foster
cyndi.foster
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Oh my, bad case of the Mondays. That was totally it. :face palm:

Thanks so much for your answer. I was freaking out a bit BigGrin
wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Welcome to the Forum Cyndi.
I see that Mark beat me to the post.Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
9 Years Ago by wires

Reading This Topic