iClone Particles - How dynamic is it?

Posted By Alon Dan 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Alon Dan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
budbundy (11/29/2015)
you could also send the diffuse to AE to ripple it 
leaving your displacement open for ground cracks  etc

Very cool, I love it! BigGrin
Any chance for a video tutorial on the process to create crack or something like you showed?

Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
my screen cap program died so a vid tut is out for now.

above i just added a iclone stock displacement map
and animated the intensity

below i added a png to a plane prop and turned on visibility on the impact frame.
the shockwave is a still and i animated the scale/opacity
(forgive the lame animation)

Edited
9 Years Ago by budbundy
Alon Dan
Alon Dan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

budbundy (11/29/2015)

above i just added a iclone stock displacement map
and animated the intensity

below i added a png to a plane prop and turned on visibility on the impact frame

OMG!!! budbundy please teach me SENSEI !
That's something I would love to know how to make but I guess only a video tutorial is the best way for me to follow step by step by actually see what you do, too bad for me... but still AMAZING JOB! BigGrin
If you know about a similar video tutorial on something like in your test it will be very helpful, thanks ahead! 
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

i'll try and get something together
that will better explain this. asap

Alon Dan
Alon Dan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

budbundy (11/29/2015)
i'll try and get something together
that will better explain this. asap

That will awesome I appreciate it!
The wave before the crack is very impressive I would love to see how you did it... and the crack of course hehe
Your test video made me LOL how the lady flow away and come back flying BigGrin
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi, I'm back briefly.  Thanks for the kind words after my abrupt departure last night!
I too am impressed by that last video - it made me laugh also.
Just going by the explanation given by budbundy, for the shockwave,he said it was a still (image) and he scaled it and adjusted the opacity.
To try out the principle, just add a cube to an empty scene.  Flatten it with the scale gizmo so that it is very thin.  Move along the timeline and scale it so that it is wider.  Do the same again a couple of times.  When you play back, your flat cube will have spread wide the way the shockwave did.  Budbundy did that with an image.  Such an image would have probably made use of the transparency channel, where black sections cause areas  to be invisible.  He also adjusted the visibility of his image over time.

IF, my thinking is correct, that's a start to show something similar to what was done.

Budbundy, great video, it's taught me a lot and I hope you don't mind me jumping in with my 'something similar' explanation.  I know your explanation will be correct; mine is just to offer an idea of how it was done.
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

@Alon - iClone's material key + mat channels + physics is your best friend
Once you grasp it you won't need to go outside iClone much

budbundy (11/29/2015)

Not lame at all! Really cool quick demo! I love show more than tell!
And LOL the way Natalie ragdoll soft physics flipped then made a come back!

Seeing that you're such a FUN tutor... Smile
I highly recommend these 2 free screen cap apps...
Jing for simple pic and vid
ScreenToGif, my fav GIF maker
Cheers...

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bellatrix
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thanks for the nice comments and the links to the screen stuff.

i cant do a tutorial right now,

but i uploaded a scene and some assets you can play around with.

really all you have to do is add planes
and use the Modify/display on and off
note when adding video textures
add then at the exact point in time you want the effect.

included
2 ground crack pngs
1 shockwave still
1 shockwave video
1 explosion video
1 explosion alpha video
1 project file
hulk
and stickman thor

Edited
9 Years Ago by budbundy
Alon Dan
Alon Dan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks it's very kind of you to share your solutions with the community!
I will check it out as soon as I get a chance Smile
Alon Dan
Alon Dan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

budbundy (12/1/2015)
thanks for the nice comments and the links to the screen stuff.

i cant do a tutorial right now,

but i uploaded a scene and some assets you can play around with.

really all you have to do is add planes
and use the Modify/display on and off
note when adding video textures
add then at the exact point in time you want the effect.

included
2 ground crack pngs
1 shockwave still
1 shockwave video
1 explosion video
1 explosion alpha video
1 project file
hulk
and stickman thor

I just had a chance to load the scene, but unfortunately it didn't load everything (the video files) because it can't find the location of the files but it did load the plane with the crack and I see how you just keyframe the visible, it was so nice to see how easy it's done and VERY familiar with how I usually animate things in 2D! 
Once again, thank you very much for sharing this, it is a great way to explore and learn.

I'm thinking about the shockwave video file that it will somehow work the same, but you will not only mess with invisible keys but also with the size as you've mentioned, and because of the alpha it may fit the scene but still I will have to test it for myself to see... because it was really smooth on your youtube test. Smile

Reading This Topic