Building the Ultimate Iclone Computer 2015

Posted By Alasandro 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rgreenidge
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I agree with Rampa. Also having all of that doesn't mean anything and it's a problem I ran into since iC3. This is a 64 bit program, but with limitations on how big your project file can be. I use lots of avatars, props, and backgrounds, and have run into problems where the project size was just too big and I had to split things up. I will come on here later to post how I found, and what I've found that caused problems including this week, and how I got around it. I haven't seen every demo and looked at very little postings of others, but most of them have  been with 1-4 avatars in the same scene the most. Most of my scenes have no less than active 15 avatars in it. I went from a 2 GB to a 8 GB video card, and it improved nothing, and gave me the same exact problem. Plus unless I read it wrong, four GB of that video card memory is a waste (R9-290X), unless you are using two 4K monitors.  

Home built; ASRock X570 Pro 4, AMD Ryzen 9-5950X CPU, AMD RADEON RX6900XT, 16GB video card, 131GB of RAM.

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I would like to amend this a bit. 4GB in a video card is NOT a waste. This is for the NVidia GTX series, I don't know about AMD. I work with large projects and the VRAM does get used. I also disagree with the statement about the CPU. It does matter, as I found out from an earlier to a later generation i7. Anyway, given the budget of the OP, we're not looking to build a budget computer.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

pmaina
pmaina
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
animagic (11/20/2015)
I would like to amend this a bit. 4GB in a video card is NOT a waste. This is for the NVidia GTX series, I don't know about AMD. I work with large projects and the VRAM does get used. I also disagree with the statement about the CPU. It does matter, as I found out from an earlier to a later generation i7. Anyway, given the budget of the OP, we're not looking to build a budget computer.

Interesting... Would you mind sharing, please, some rough benchmarking data, say, between an i5 (or older Quad Core) v/s earlier i7  v/s Later i7?  Secondly did you see any marked difference in performance between different spec Nvidia GTX graphics cards & can you quantify it somewhat? Thanks!

Reading This Topic