Motions flip 90 degree on avatar

Posted By BlueyCreative 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
rampa (10/16/2015)
Roberto,

The good news is that it is super easy! Smile

Here is an example of script from Heidi's Persona. Persona files are plaintext, so they open in any text processor. The blue is the tag I added. That's it! You can just add that tag to each "AnimationClip" section. I just do search and replace in my editor. I search for the line above it, and replace it with both lines.

<AnimationClip ID="Air dance">
            <TargetType>Character</TargetType>
            <TargetNode>$</TargetNode>
            <SampleTransform>Normal</SampleTransform>
            <AlignOrientation>TRUE</AlignOrientation>
            <ClipType>Motion</ClipType>
            <ClipLocation>$\iClone Template\Motion\02_G6 Motion_Heidi\Perform\Air dance.iMotion</ClipLocation>
        </AnimationClip>

You then must add the motion from the "Perform" in the right-click menu, but then it will track properly. The Perform is limited to 50 motions, and there are no sub-categories. I put in a feature request for that yesterday.

Sorry, Rampa.  The only Personna Files I have are *.lua ... and if I change the suffix to .txt and try to edit it, I just get scrambled code.  However, I CAN open and edit them in Adobe Dreamweaver.

I've taken Heidi's personna and copy/pasted it into a txt document. I've attached it here.  I see a lot of "ID"s...  Where would this code go?  Is there a global command that would not refer to a particular ID?  

... I see you've made a Locomotion.aml --  ok, so when I convert this into a text file I can open/edit it...    So, to make this "Global" you have to add your blue code to every AnimationClip ID in the script?

OK, I didn't understand Rampa's original instructions.  Disregard this.  Keep Reading Smile
Attachments
heidi_personna.txt (667 views, 14.00 KB)
Edited
9 Years Ago by JC Weatherby
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
If you export the Lua from the right-click menu, I believe it will export it un-encrypted, and can be opened in an XML editor. I thought I covered that in that thread. Blush

Do make sure you read the whole thread, because I was figuring stuff out as I went. Wink

The Heidi and Mason Personas are actually just AML files. find them and open them directly, not by saving them from the right-click menu first.
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

@Rampa - Yeah, I don't think we're working from the same starting point.

I made personna files for Chuck, Heidi, Mason, and Gwynn... With each avie on the stage I right clicked > Personna > Export Personna... and I got LUA files; 

chuck_personna.lua ... etc...

You started with the Personna Folder in the Animation Template window...  I'm catching up to you now.  Haha, I didn't even know those existed!  LOL.  

Ok, so you opened these and modified them.  Got it.  Then you just drag them onto an avatar?

Edited
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can drag them or just right click, go down to persona, and open them up from there.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK, I've gone and inserted Rampa's code for every Clip ID, and I've renamed the files, "Chuck_mod.aml,"  etc...  RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR ORIGINAL .AML FILES!  

Test these out Smile

Thanks @Rampa Smile

Attachments
Personnas_Mod.zip (48 views, 6.00 KB)
Edited
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sw00000p (11/8/2015)
Ummm! Whistling
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/014f2dcb-0073-4adf-acfc-b512.png

Umm! Whistling
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c5ca1ef-6875-4093-bdf6-a151.png

Yeah, SWOOP those are the wrong files.  Get the AMLs from CONTENT WINDOW > ANIMATION TEMPLATE > PERSONNA
PixelArtist
PixelArtist
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hey y'all.

I'm new to iClone but it seems like Reallusion still hasn't addressed the underlying problems in this post.

Should this thread be moved to the technical support area or is there another one over there I haven't read yet?

Also, are the "align actor motion" and "reset motion root" settings broken in 6.42?  They seem to have no affect on any of my motion clips.

This combination of bugs and lack of feature support makes blending between motions a real pain.  Am I missing something here?

Cheers!
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
PixelArtist (7/12/2016)
Hey y'all.

I'm new to iClone but it seems like Reallusion still hasn't addressed the underlying problems in this post.
Should this thread be moved to the technical support area or is there another one over there I haven't read yet?
Also, are the "align actor motion" and "reset motion root" settings broken in 6.42?  They seem to have no affect on any of my motion clips.
This combination of bugs and lack of feature support makes blending between motions a real pain.  Am I missing something here?
Cheers!

You mention 6.42, yes those two features were broken in 6,42.  iclone is now up to version 6.5 and they work fine.

Alan M

Reading This Topic