Motions flip 90 degree on avatar

Posted By BlueyCreative 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Here is a video to demonstrate why this feature is so valuable. You can also download the modified Persona below. Load it with the right-click/import Persona.

Attachments
Mason AR.zip (75 views, 1.00 KB)
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
WOW!! Thank you so much Rampa. I really never use the performa feature but now I think I must dive into it.
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Once again...rampa to the rescue!!!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

And YES Reallusion this needs to be fixed one way or another!!!!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
9 Years Ago by mark
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Send a trouble ticket for this, Rampa.  Really.  As far as I'm concerned, this is a bug in iClone and needs to be addressed.

A better question to ask is: why would anyone ever want it the other way around?  If there's a good reason for that it escapes me.  At the very least this ought to be the default behavior that you have to turn off otherwise.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

I would encourage everyone to post this in the wishful features section. I myself do every couple months.

The tracking can be disabled completely motions added by the content manager from the animation menu if need be.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Now that I'm getting around to playing with this there are some serious drawbacks.

First of all, I'd like to create Personas easy to load onto ANY character.  Trying to load them in from the right-click menu is a PITA because you have to then navigate through the File Explorer menu.  What you really need to do is to load them in as you would with ANY persona -- except I can't get this to happen.

When I try to save the Persona that I've altered via the script methods suggested here, it saves it as an iScript file.  Fine, this is the Lua script compressed as Rampa said.  However, this Persona will NOT load back onto any character -- you get a "script not compatible" message.  This isn't because you edited it -- I get this even using the default Heidi personas.  So either I'm doing something wrong (most likely) or there are problems saving Personas from the content manager.

Here's how I'm doing it -- I load in a character with a persona and then, with that avatar selected, I go to the Persona menu and click + in my custom folder.  It does save *something*, which I assume should be the persona (what else could it be saving?) but you cannot then load this back onto any avatar by dragging and dropping or just double-clicking (it looks like it tries to load and then says "Not compatible").

Any ideas?

Edited here to note that now it DOES work -- sigh.  I'm not sure what I was trying but ignore me for a moment while I try and sort this out.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
9 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mine saves and reloads as "iScript". My initial reason for saving it out a Lua from the menu was for editing, but then it's best to go and save it with "+" button to have it in your library.

The Content Manager only reads certain file types in certain folders. So, in the Persona folder, it'll only read "iScript" and "AML". Lua requires using the menu. I just tried changing the suffix from "Lua" to "iScript" and "AML", and it didn't work.

So it looks like create the thing in 3DX. Export to Lua with the tight-click menu. Edit and save Notepad++. Import in iClone via r-click menu. Save to "Persona" directory by hitting the "+" key in the Content Manager with the Persona tab selected.

I really hope they make this the default way motions are added from the Content Manager. I've been requesting/reporting it for years now. It's a very long-running bug that needs to be squashed. The more support it gains, the better. But it's just not sexy like "PBR" to most people, but is actually waaaaaay more important!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Not to mention *way* more easy to fix -- this would require, literally, about two minutes of any programmer time (since all they have to do when writing that Persona file is just to write that extra command in for each motion).  I'd fire any programmer that couldn't do it in that time (and testing ought to be dead solid simple as well).

I've always wondered about certain bugs that remain in programs when it's a trivial matter to fix them -- as a programmer I always wanted to do the easy stuff first, anyway ("Fun down programming").

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It's really how motions are added from the Content Manager that needs fixing. If all motions always added this way, we wouldn't need to be making this custom AML at all. When a motion is added from the Content Manager, it already has position tracking enabled. It just needs the rotation turned on as well. 

We really need a little bit deeper fix then just adding the tag to an AML. I did that just to demonstrate what I thought the proper behavior should be. So yeah. They do need to crack the code and enable full tracking. It's just not practical to have it only available in the Persona, especially when we have hundreds of motions.

For all we know, it might be one line of code that got inadvertently commented out. Wink
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rampa (10/20/2015)
It's really how motions are added from the Content Manager that needs fixing. If all motions always added this way, we wouldn't need to be making this custom AML at all. When a motion is added from the Content Manager, it already has position tracking enabled. It just needs the rotation turned on as well. 

We really need a little bit deeper fix then just adding the tag to an AML. I did that just to demonstrate what I thought the proper behavior should be. So yeah. They do need to crack the code and enable full tracking. It's just not practical to have it only available in the Persona, especially when we have hundreds of motions.

For all we know, it might be one line of code that got inadvertently commented out. Wink

Ideally it would work for any method of motion input. Double-clicking, or dragging a motion from the Content Manager should have both position and rotation tracking. Adding a motion with the right-click menu should have both position and rotation tracking. And using the right-click/align motion on a clip in the timeline should use both position and rotation tracking.

It really cuts out a lot of frustration when it works as we expect! Smile

Reading This Topic