Profile Picture

The entire Mixamo asset collection is free!

Posted By Rampa 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
sw00000p (10/6/2015)

I use a somewhat different workflow. After downloading all characters and animation....
• I (Batch Remove) the first 10 characters in the Bone naming convention.
• You are left with "MotionBuilders" bone naming convention!

Sw00000p - I have never used Mixamo characters/amimations and I am currently at work unfortunately so can't do any investigations myself at the moment.

Could you give us some more details on

a) what you use to do the batch edit
b) what it is you are actually changing (is it the bone naming in the characters or the animations or both?

Thank you very much.

Edited
9 Years Ago by toonarama
3doutlaw
3doutlaw
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
rampa (10/6/2015)
I discovered you can make your own "pack" of motions at Mixamo. When you preview a motion, there is a button to add it to the pack. Once I have 15 or so, I hit the "Add To My Assets". When you go to download, you can just download the pack, and it downloads a ZIP with only 1 copy of the character, and the motions, all in FBX.

Good morning!
I tried this, and in my downloads, they all were listed separate?  I must be missing something.  As I make the pack, I don't have a download option, just an add to my assets option, and they are all listed individually in my assets.

UPDATE:  OK, I got it to work...save the download time and size that's for sure.  Still a long process adding animations one by one.

Edited
9 Years Ago by 3doutlaw
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It's a bit of a trick.  What you want to do is to start with a Pack -- doesn't matter which one, although the Test Pack (with 11 animations) is a good choice.

Then you can add individual animations to it up to a limit of 75 (I stop at 70 to be sure because one time I went over and it basically erased the whole thing).  Then when you add to assets it will add the whole thing and you can download it all at once.

One other thing folks might be aware of even though it's pretty obvious -- you can also tailor the animations to some extent.  Some of the sliders are very useful to get the right look for you and some of them can't be done by other means (for example -- playing the piano can be very different depending on the sliders, so you might want to make several different versions).  Each change you make results in a different file that is downloaded.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)

Hmmm, what's weird is that now I tried it without a pack and it works as well (I'm using the default "In Progress" pack).

Clearly there are times it doesn't work, though, as last night I had the same issue of not being able to add them all together.  But try starting with a pack and see if that doesn't help.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
3doutlaw
3doutlaw
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

...on to page 5 of 26.  Sigh...  Keep telling myself, this is free, so don't complain!  Smile

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ah, I think I see -- I think the "add to pack" is the approach you want to use as I first suggested.

Adding them to in-progress *seems* to result in one long animation (but I'm not quite sure -- the site is a bit busted in some respects).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, I'm on page 16... LOL.

I've also found a pretty reliable approach -- I add each animation to a new pack I create (the default is "In-Progress" but you can rename) and then add to assets.  It will add ALL of the animations separately, but also at the end there will be that pack, which you can then select and download (and then erase everything).

As you said, free (but sometimes you get what you pay for).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Sw00000p - thank you very much for the detailed reply - I'll give it a go when I am at home this evening.
3doutlaw
3doutlaw
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Page 14, woohoo!  Past the half-way mark! Smile

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ah, I went to page 30, and then started again from the back (page 52) because it was easier to go backwards at that point.

I now have only six pages to go.  More importantly, I've saved all my packs in assets in case I need to download again in a different format (wish I had thought of this the first time through :>Wink.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic