Eyebrows, how to modify??

Posted By theschemer 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
theschemer
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I cannot seem to find where we can make modifications to the eyebrow on the CC characters. Is it possible with the CC? If not, what is the best way to change them? I have a character that I am trying to make look like a real person I know and he has this dark eyebrows. I used the heavy male character and was doing a pretty good job until I got to the eyebrows.
Thanks,
TS
JimmyB7
JimmyB7
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Appearance (Button), Activate Appearance Editor, Actor, Skin_Head, Hair, Eyebrows.

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the info. I actually was at the point but it seemed the warning of "flattening" the image scared me away. I went ahead and tried it, and it definitely changes the quality of the image, but I was able to mod the eyebrows good enough. I would have liked to be able to straighten them (eyebrows) out a bit more. Once the image was done and I exited the appearance editor it looks acceptable and better than I thought is was going to.
TS
Edited
9 Years Ago by theschemer
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Months Ago
On a related note...

How do we move the eyebrows themselves up onto the "bone" area of the eye socket, instead of being on the upper eyelid?

Please forgive my lack of artistic talent, but hopefully these pictures will illustrate what I mean...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e55b7f3a-be37-4b15-b2e4-774b.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a02be722-535e-4ff9-8a6d-50ff.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e7add634-3db1-4c63-a5a9-fd21.jpg

I don't think I'm imagining this.
I even did a Google images search for "
male eyebrows."  w00t

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
9 Years Ago by justaviking
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
justaviking (9/13/2015)
On a related note...

How do we move the eyebrows themselves up onto the "bone" area of the eye socket, instead of being on the upper eyelid?

Please forgive my lack of artistic talent, but hopefully these pictures will illustrate what I mean...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e55b7f3a-be37-4b15-b2e4-774b.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a02be722-535e-4ff9-8a6d-50ff.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e7add634-3db1-4c63-a5a9-fd21.jpg

I don't think I'm imagining this.
I even did a Google images search for "
male eyebrows."  w00t

They do tend to be a bit low. You can translate them at the bottom of the "eyebrow" section of the "hair" tab of the "skin_head".
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Months Ago
Thanks Rampa.

When I moved them before, I used the "move/stretch/morph" tool, or whatever it's called.  The one where you get the yellow highlight on the body part you're adjusting.  Using that to move the eyebrows up just sort of "blurred" them up higher.  I overlooked this one.

I was so close.

I still think the base character ought to be adjusted.  I'll modify my post in the "Improve Character Creator" section.  Thanks again.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

JimmyB7
JimmyB7
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/88135c3a-8430-401c-b92e-7f13.jpg

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.1K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
The rotation is also very helpful. Smile
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Months Ago

Transform tools“eyebrows” works for default selection from Type drop downselection menu.

I find when I choose “custom” and load an eyebrow from the CC Essential morphs and skin - Custom Eyebrows texture folder, the transform then have no effect.
The custom eyebrows in the CC Essentials pack would seem to have only a fixed position and are therefore somewhat limited.

Bug or user error?

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Months Ago

After further reading of theCharacter_Creator-Character_Skin_Design_Guide.pdf...It  confirms that:-

“Translate, Rotate and Scale the eyebrow: Special adjustments for Eyebrows only. Note:Only works for embedded content”.

Geoff.Sad

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

Reading This Topic