OFFICIAL 3DXchange 6.2 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
SeanMac (9/15/2015)
I got an invitation from Reallusion to buy 3DXCHange 6.2 Pipeline for $99 instead of $499 and thought I would take a look at it. But when I downloaded the package it insisted I uninstall 3DXChange 6.2 Pro before I would be allowed to install the Pipeline version - which is only a trial. Now I am concerned i will get caught between two stools here. There's only a limited number of reinstalls, Microsoft Windows can do crazy things to your computer. It certainly has in the very recent past to mine. So do I simply take a chance and uninstall?

Nah. I will ask Tech Support first.

I'll follow up when I get an answer.

SeanMac

SystemSpecs

HomebuildASRock Z68 Extreme4 MoBo,  i7-2600K@3.4Ghz CPU , 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 5.5Tb SATA III HDD, Palit GeForce GTX 750 Tirunning DX 12.0; Win 10 Pro (64-bit) + Samsung S24D300H 1920X1080 monitor +spare 1680X1050 monitor. Kinect for Windows v2. Huion 610 Pro Graphics tablet.

If you uninstall while connected to the internet this will not affect the number of deactivations allowed. It is only if you encounter a hardware failure and can't uninstall for some reason that your deactivation count will change. If you always uninstall while connected to the internet you can do this an infinite number of times without affecting the count.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
sat12341234 (9/9/2015)
I did a quick animation with the standard project. (G6, Heidi, Dance Grace). set it to use Satin for the dress. Baked it. Exported to 3Dxchange. But looks like 3Dxchange does not show the same animation. It seems to show the dress as rigid shape instead of nice fluid animation in iClone. Maybe I missed some steps? I even tried using collect clips from timeline window and sending it to 3Xchange. same result.

I am using windows 10 on iMac with AMD Radeon card. Not sure if I need to use Nvidia based PC for 3Dxchange to work correctly.

Thanks

The soft cloth physics engine is built into iClone but not 3DXchange 6. Unfortunately you can't export baked soft cloth animations.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Peter

Thanks for that.

This is the same reply I got by email from Tech Support.

SeanMac
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am not sure if this is totally a 3dx6 issue as it does involve a reworked with a new cloth of a Character Creator Figure.
Ok so I purchased the export licence for the complete CCreator Essentials.
I made the Character Shape I wanted saved as i.Avatar.
Opened it up in 3dx6 and yes it came in as a G6 Standard Character with the new viseme shapes.
Sent the Character to iClone. All worked well.
Now again in 3dx6 I opted to export as fbx so as I could create a new top.
Worked on it in max then exported again as an fbx.

Once I opened the max export in  3dx6  I get this pop up saying that it is recognised as a G6 so I opted for yes.(see screen grab)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c7adc1c3-a95f-4375-a435-db42.jpg

So far so good I thought.
Then I noticed that the eyes were way off up by the eyebrows and the jaw also did not look right. (see screen grab)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1b784e57-b55d-422c-ad90-6b33.jpg

So something was off on the Auto Convert that I had selected yes for and found that the Facial Bone needs tweaking. Once adjusted the
eyes returned to normal.
Now is this because the Character is not the standard height or the Auto Convert is wrong or is it me??? (Screen grab after tweaking)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3e88e89c-faf9-4794-9b9c-ec09.jpg

Finally the expressions editor. It shows the old viseme options but seems to use the face settings for the new viseme shapes. Again because I opted the auto convert.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/50774238-f57a-44ef-be59-57c7.jpg

Another test I did was not auto convert but manual selection the body fine but the face rubbish, this is because all the weight maps when exported are for head and jaw and the rest seem to
be down to the blend shapes so no options to tweak lips etc.
 So any help would be appreciated. Is this a hiccup with the auto convert or a user error (ME) or more work in max skinning the face bones.
 Will there be a better more Developer friendly pipeline when the Character Creator Pipeline Version is released between RL programmes.

Duchess Designs Store 

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

I have an idea for the expression mapping.

Before you export your character from 3DX initially, open the expression editor and save the mapping file. Reload it on your re-imported character.
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi rampa
I have also tried that. When in 3dx6 pipeline and the CC is a G6 standard saved the profile which saves face and body mapping.
Then brought into 3dx my exported version of the std character which will then only import as non std because of the cloth I have added. Tried applying the saved profile from the std.
Yes it accepts the mapping but seems to throw thing out of line and will still only give the old visemes. I even tried exporting some of the face morphs from the original and putting them
on the imported character as the body and face had not changed, but again no luck. I will have to go back into max and see if I have missed something.

Duchess Designs Store 

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

I was thinking maybe I had missed something. I tried that with the baby prop I gave out the other day, but ended up having to manually do the visemes. The other morphs were already good. Bummer, it wasn't just me!
Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
At least for Pipeline users who need workflow efficiency

Please
  • make the two left right panels size adjustable, because it's 2015
  • allow resizing of animation/perform panes and input boxes (handles too tiny to grab/ animation names can be long and hard to select all/rename/highlight)
  • Merge Identical - main 3DX promo star item - still not working for every other CG tool except the content creation behemoth SKP?
Please fix other 3DX pipeline inconsistencies
  • consistent dark grey-green icon eyes-saver theme like everything else iClone?
  • consistent Material, Texture, Substance with everything else iClone - after all 3DX is a PAID ASSET IMPORTER?
  • time to free up hotkey customization, 3DX Pro and Pipeline are made for PIPELINE & PROS and not noobs?

Thank you for considering these steps to improve workflow for your content creators.

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bellatrix
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
So I am using a CC character but when I export the eye mesh to alter 3dX will not reload the mesh back in, I even tried just exporting then re loading the untouched eyes and 3dx says can not load them.
Any help would be cool Smile

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

Reading This Topic