System Requirements & Performance Optimization

Posted By Realtimer (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Realtimer (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
IMPORTANT: Currently, the Character Creator tool is only supported in DirectX 11. Also, please make sure that you have a compatible graphics card. For more information on Character Creator requirements go HERE and scroll to the bottom. 

Optimize performance by switching between system memory and graphics card memory:
  • If you are running a video card with less than 2 gigabytes of video memory on an independent graphics card, then it is recommended to have the program use system memory instead. 
  • To use system memory, go to Character Creator > Edit Menu / Preference. Scroll to the bottom and un-check the “Maximize video memory usage” option. 
  • If you have sufficient system memory (>8GB), then you may try to load several substances at once by editing multiple outfits without having to reload each. Do this by un-checking “Load one Substance a time” option.
  • Restart the program for the settings to take effect.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/628ea63f-ff56-482e-bcc6-fd66.jpg
Edited
9 Years Ago by Eric (RL)
DruGervinni
DruGervinni
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (266 reputation)Senior Member (266 reputation)Senior Member (266 reputation)Senior Member (266 reputation)Senior Member (266 reputation)Senior Member (266 reputation)Senior Member (266 reputation)Senior Member (266 reputation)Senior Member (266 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Can we expected an option to run Character Creator in Directx9 or 10?
I need to know, before buy Iclone 6, because my gpu suport DX10 only, I know Iclone 6 have this option, but Character Creator have not. And make no sense to have Iclone 6 without Character Creator.
Sorry for my bad english, i´m from Brazil.
ladaalbrecht
ladaalbrecht
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I am trying to run Character creator on GTX 560 Ti,  which is in the list of compatible cards.  Also DX11 installed. When I try to start program, it always says : character creator only supports directx11 compatible graphics card

But I have 500 series, I have DX11 installed.  I installed latest graphic card driver.   Where is the problem please??

THX

UPDATE:   I just borrowed Nvidia GEFORCE 960  -  Tried to start the software and .... still not working   :-/

PLEASE HELP

Edited
9 Years Ago by ladaalbrecht
Dominic99
Dominic99
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I have the same issue with an Nvidia Quadro K4000M is there a work around for this?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Dominic99(2/12/2017)
I have the same issue with an Nvidia Quadro K4000M is there a work around for this?

Unfortunately Nvidia Quadro workstation cards are not on the list of officially supported graphics cards. iClone works best with Nvidia GeForce cards but you may be able to get it working by following the steps below.

Please try updating your graphics drivers and ensure you have the latest available. Please see the links below to check.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Important: If your computer has switchable graphics, please do ensure you are running with the more powerful Nvidia graphics card. Do not choose the Intel graphics option. You can normally do this by right clicking the iClone 6 desktop icon and choosing "Run With Graphics Processor".

Please also run Windows Update to ensure your system is fully updated.

In Windows 7 you can do this by clicking Start > All Programs > Windows Update > Check For updates. In Windows 8 go to the Start Screen and type Windows Update. Then select "Check For Update" from the search list. In Windows 10 go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and then "Check For Update".

Do also separately install the platform update below if you are using Windows 7

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

If you still have problems, try switching to the DirectX 9 version of Character Creator and see if this allows you to successfully launch it.

You can select either the DirectX 11 version or the DirectX 9 version of iClone 6 and Character Creator.

You can do this by going to Start > All Programs > iClone Character Creator 1 and then select "iClone Character Creator Graphics Mode Selection". Then select the DirectX 9 version.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic