CHANGING CLOTHES

Posted By mwgis48 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mwgis48
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
CAN THE ACTORS CHANGE CLOTHES DURING A SCENE?
aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
not sure how to answer the question

1) are there motions where characters change clothes - haven't seen them

2) can you change the texture of the characters or change thier clothes BEFORE you render- yes you would have to render the original scene, then apply new textures/clothes, then render again with the new clothes - maybe you might need to create a separate project where they are in a room to imply changing clothes. Which leads to item #3 below -

3) do you need to render one continuous take? - then you cannot do it unless you have setup a complex scene where you have the characters in new clothes hidden somewhere, and make them visible as you make the original character invisible. unless you absolutely have to do the one continous take, you would probably have to create separate projects - most folks render bits and pieces and assemble them later

sumthinwong
sumthinwong
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Not sure if this will work for you but you might give it a try. Just create another character with the same performs and motions with different clothes, then put them both in the scene. Make one invisible until you need the clothes changed then turn the active character off and the other on. Here's an example

All arts is political, otherwise it would just be decoration. And all artists have something to say, otherwise they'd make shoes.

Earl of Oxford

mwgis48
mwgis48
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)Veteran Member (521 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thank you all the help, what I mean is I start with Jane, and she then wants to go out but want a new top how do I change the top or paints so she can go with trey for the night?
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Send her to another room, change her "Upper ", and walk her back out..."NO PEEKING" BigGrin

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Alley
Alley
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Cricky's method is sort of demonstrated on the homepage of my website, link below in banner.  It's just the animation playing on home page.

Alley

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

That's it !...the easiest method always works.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Darren01
Darren01
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
it would be a good feature for a future release, although I figure it would be a very difficult task as the clothing item would need to become a seperate 3D object.

I wanted a scene where a guy walks into a room, takes off his jacket. But you can't do it realistically. Even with the method described above, there will be no actual action/transition showing the guy removing his jacket. The jacket will just magically disappear

Edited
15 Years Ago by Darren01
elliespotter
elliespotter
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

I wanted to do a scene where my avatar kicked off her shoes and went so far as creating props and animating frame by frame and then thought "THIS IS MADNESS" and went back and looked at the script. A simple camera change and adjustment to dialogue created a much better scene within the limitations of the application.

On the other hand, I have done an anime style transform http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F97htyWm96s using the same avatar base and different outfits, using the same animation sequence and adjusting visibility during the scene.

Now, I can imagine that, in a murder mystery perhaps, a character removing his coat and putting it on a peg could be a critical moment in the story - leaving a vital clue for the viewer maybe - but for the other 999 from a thousand scenes, I'd look at a script revision as clumsy animation loses viewers.

Kind regards,

Alex

DesertWalker
DesertWalker
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
It will be very difficult to do. Not only the jacket has to be a separate object. It must also flex and move neatly and in synch with the movement of arms/body during the taking-off process. After taken off the jacket needs to be folded and flex in a convincing manner. Even if this is feasible after 10 releases down the road, it won't be the strength of the app.  It is better to modify the script.

Reading This Topic