Profile Picture

iClone 6 Problem Render - View line border on water effect on render video output.

Posted By Space 3D 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone 6 Problem Render - View line border on water effect on render...

Author
Space 3D
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Hai friends....

Please info how to be best render with water effect.
When use water effect large scale .......?
----> the problem is .. View Line Border on water effect.
Please how to for this Line Border disappears on render output.

Thanks
Space 3D

Note :
- Sample picture water ( View Line Border)
- On video the line border very clear (1920x1080 ) HD

Cumputer :
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Nvidia GTX 650
Ram memori 8 giga
Hardisk 1 T
Intel core i3 325 Mhz

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi Space 3D,

the only thing that comes to mind is that it's in the texture ?

I don't want to call this a bug yet because a texture can cause this, I'd suggest trying with a few other water presets and see if it happens the same ....if it happens the same with all textures, then check your video card driver is my next technical suggestion.

I hope this helps Smile

Space 3D
Space 3D
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
i change another texture ......, the result like this picture .

i see this line on water effect since iClone 5 .

by the way , iclone water effect on youtube the result like this .

This link on youtube made by iclone with use water effect. ( see line border)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Bs-ixTd-g
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.4K reputation)

oh wait, now that look looks like the edge / end of the uv .....

the quickest fix I'd do for this is move the whole set over ...

I'd definitely post that pic on the bugs report thread to see if they can remap that water UV to not cut there - post specifically that last one you just showed though, it makes it very clear. - the prior one , the water was too dark to see it.

unless you can get that obvious a shot from ic6 with that same light colored water and the clip on the shine.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
You see a lot more undesired lines in Toon render. I reported long time back if they could avoid this.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@ space and Prabbat

just curious , did you guys by chance change the sizes of the default water ?

Just wondering if that is causing a shift in the UV ?

I can't imagine RL making a uv cut dead center of a scene, but I can imagine the uv shifting for some reason by changing the default size ?

Edited
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I can't recall now. But I don't think I did anything unusual.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ok, here's a test I performed to test the default uv on my water -

I used this image as a texture on my water, to see if this pattern would be broken by the uv, I figured somewhere I'd see a half circle or a shifted circle

http://alloutput.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/black-circle-mask-to-fill-compass-outline.png

and got this - so on my computer the uv looks fine ....i'd be curious to see what the results on your computers would be in comparison

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

interesting discovering playing with this, if you change the wave size, it extremely changes the texture

now it makes me wonder if the bump map is seamless. if you change the wave size, and somehow the bump map gets shifted as I just observed, yet is not seamless, you can make a real mess lol!

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

the more i think of this, the more the video bump map is the culprit ...consider that the video bump maps can't be seamless ...they can loop seamless, but they wont be seamless for every frame as a single texture. Now when you change the wave size, it's going to cause sharp lines from the lack of the seamless edge

hence, the most logical fix is adjust your wave size so the shine doesn't reflect on the non seamless portion of the video bump maps effect. if that makes any sense....it's that shine being cut off that's giving it away.

the fastest way to test this theory, is just delete the video bump map from the water and see if that edge goes away.

Edited

Reading This Topic