How TO: Non-Human characters and Morphs

Posted By r189 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Maybe iClone defaults to %80. The facial puppet panel has some strength percentage setting options.

That little icon circled in green is the settings. It'll open a pop-out side panel.

Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa
r189
r189
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
You, Sir, are a genius!

That seems to be the issue, for the Jaw (where I assigned the morph), the weight number was 0, I set it to 50 and it looks about right.

I guess I now change the weights and then hit the "Save" button to save my weights for that model?

Hopefully, I can move forward from here

Thanks for all your help
r189
r189
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Another question, this seems annoying to me, but perhaps it is a "feature" and not a "Bug"

I have 2 scrren shots attached, crosshair1b and crosshair2b.

I have discovered that depending on the distance away from my object that I hit the spacebar (to begin the Face Puppet preview), I get a different amount of morphing.

As you can see, in "crosshair1b" when I hit the spacebar the cursor (red box encompasing cursor) was some distance away from the model, and when I move the mouse to the extreme (for this morph) I get an incomplete wing closing.

in image "crosshair2b" the cursor was on the tail of the model (red box encompasing cursor) and that gives me an almost complete wing close.

This makes for a very imprecise control of a morph.

Is this supposed to work this way?

There truely must be a better way of handling non-standard morph types....
Attachments
crosshair1b.jpg (103 views, 111.00 KB)
crosshair2b.jpg (81 views, 101.00 KB)
Edited
9 Years Ago by r189

Reading This Topic