Posted By rampart 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Whistling
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have some content items (characters) that show something like this popup when I try to apply motions to characters. (attachment below)

Evidently, these items are installing in some location not available on my computer.
Or at least, that is not where the items are located.

I'm sure this is not new for some people. I've hit on it a few times in past month as I have been busier with iclone.

It may mean all I do is move some files into some folders, etc. However, often my computer does not have the drive nuimber and folders mentioned in the message.

Maybe, I just need to reintall the content. However, many of the items are FBX that came through my 3DXChange into iclone.

Any suggestions

NOTE: In the case of the attached file I found the motions are imotion files and are located in the motion folder. They are however listed in the persona as well. Maybe there is a way to include them in the persona I"m not aware.

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I have the same problem with all of the Protofactor Animal packs in iClone. The motions listed in the Right-Click menu link to items installed in the default iClone folders. Since all of my content is installed on another drive it can't be "found", and there is no option available to find the file and relink it. My only option was/is to delete the Persona and add the motions as needed.

I posted this several months ago, but the silence has been deafening since then. w00t

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I THINK the problem is that motion clips are external files that are referenced in the prop itself, and that these references work for the developer but are not expressed in a way that is relative to the install path. Looks like RL should instruct developers how to properly do that as some by their own admission are no iClone exports.

It can be done. I just bought something from Big Boss with built-in motions and they work correctly even though my install path is not standard.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
10 Years Ago by animagic
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

animagic (10/19/2014)
I THINK the problem is that motion clips are external files that are referenced in the prop itself, and that these references work for the developer but are not expressed in a way that is relative to the install path. Looks like RL should instruct developers how to properly do that as some by their own admission are no iClone exports.

It can be done. I just bought something from Big Boss with built-in motions and they work correctly even though my install path is not standard.

Regarding the possibility of the motion files being referenced.

The animal packs each contain an iAvatar, an iProp and a collection of motions. R$ight clicking and attempting to run a Perform command with the iProp version works as expected. Doing the same with an the iAvatar produces this error message:

The next problem is that there aren't any Drama Script or Persona files installed for the items - however selecting Delete Drama Script/Delete Persona from the right click menu will remove all motions. w00t

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

For anyone interested in a solution to this problem I have figured it out - but I would never have achieved it without a lot of help from duchess110. We've spent the past few days exchanging PMs and - EURIKA - we have the answer. Smile

This only applies to users who do not have their content stored in the iClone default location which is:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 5 Template\

The first thing that needs to be done is to make sure that the avatar in question has a persona available. If there is no persona associated with the Avatar, then save it by right clicking and selecting Export Persona from the menu, the file will be saved as a .lua.

Exit iClone and locate the file that was just saved, in my case it is in:

H:\IC5\Custom\iClone 5 Custom\Persona\

Right click on the lua file and select "Open With", I opened my file in Word Pad.

Scroll down the file until you find the motion path for the first motion, it should look like this:

Clips = {

AnimationClip = {

[ 1 ] = {

ID = "2LegsBiteAttack";

TargetType = "Character";

TargetNode = "$";

ClipType = "Motion";

ClipLocation = "C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\Reallusion\\Template\\iClone 5 Template\\iClone Template\\Motion\\BEAR\\2LegsBiteAttack.iMotion";

ZeroRoot = true;

Priority = {

[ 1 ] = {

ID = "01";

Node = "$";

Value = 200.000000;

Change the "ClipLocation" line to this:

ClipLocation = "$\\iClone Template\\Motion\\BEAR\\2LegsBiteAttack.iMotion";

This needs to be done for every motion listed in the file.

Look at the path carefully and make sure to remove only the following, and replacing the C with a $:

"C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\Reallusion\\Template\\iClone 5 Template

When all is done save the file, open iClone, select your Avatar and import the persona that you saved. Now the right click menu will work as it should. Cool

Once again many thanks to duchess110 - Linda, for taking the time to help me sort this out. Kiss

Gerry

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Glad I was able to help Gerry.  

Duchess Designs Store 

Reading This Topic