Animated cloning, duplicating, and object particles

Posted By Dreamcube017 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dreamcube017
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hey guys. Lately I've been doing a lot of motion graphics and visual effects with iCLone (title sequences and other 3D logo type things)

I was messing around with the iClone duplication tool one day and realized something.

It is REALLY HARD to create a simple ring of objects. You want a spirle, sure. You want a nice row? Go for it... oh what you wanna circle?... um... good luck.

Yes I know it can be done, but it's tricky to et everything to line up just right, especially when you have lots of items. That's just the first thing though.

... OK here, long story short, it would be BEYOND wonderful to have some of the featuures Element 3D has.

http://www.videocopilot.net/help/element/help_files/#v16update

--Animated duplication and cloning effects
--the ability for objects to form around another and then form around something else.

Those are just two things, but those two thigns alone would be really great.

They would be REALLY useful when making speciel effects and motion graphics. Ifwe could at least animate the duplication and stuff, that in itself would be pretty cool. Yes, I can just open AE and use Element 3D to do some of the really crazy stuff, but it just feels weird using it in After Effects.

Your thoughts users? RL, thanks fr your consideration.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but you CAN duplicate one item into a circle of, say, 48 items.

I'd give you a screen shot, but my iClone's busy rendering right now.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

I know you can do it, but it's still somewhat complicated to do. Most times I try to duplicate things, it comesout as slightly uneven or a spiral or something.

Plus, you can't animate the duplication (e.g. have a row of blocks curl and uncurl).

If you know of a tutorial on how to use the tool though, that'd be great.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Just a quick thinking: creating a circular path and assigning the dups to the various points of the path....

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
+1 to these ideas!

Combining the duplicate with an animated path would be super cool!

You can merge the whole lot of them, but having some procedural animation for things like spirals would really help.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dreamcube017 (5/8/2014)
Hey guys. Lately I've been doing a lot of motion graphics and visual effects with iCLone (title sequences and other 3D logo type things)

I was messing around with the iClone duplication tool one day and realized something.

It is REALLY HARD to create a simple ring of objects. You want a spirle, sure. You want a nice row? Go for it... oh what you wanna circle?... um... good luck.

Yes I know it can be done, but it's tricky to et everything to line up just right, especially when you have lots of items. That's just the first thing though.

... OK here, long story short, it would be BEYOND wonderful to have some of the featuures Element 3D has.

http://www.videocopilot.net/help/element/help_files/#v16update

--Animated duplication and cloning effects
--the ability for objects to form around another and then form around something else.

Those are just two things, but those two thigns alone would be really great.

They would be REALLY useful when making speciel effects and motion graphics. Ifwe could at least animate the duplication and stuff, that in itself would be pretty cool. Yes, I can just open AE and use Element 3D to do some of the really crazy stuff, but it just feels weird using it in After Effects.

Your thoughts users? RL, thanks fr your consideration.

Hi Dreamcube,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

Can you explain a little more about the problem creating a circle with multi-duplicate.

Creating a circle should be very easy. You set the number of duplicates you want, set the spacing with "Move X" and then increase "Rotate Z" until you form the circle.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic