Profile Picture

Character 'Calibration' Off

Posted By arkenstone22 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
arkenstone22
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I created a new character by taking one of the default bodies provided and replacing body parts with the Sprite Editor. Now when I try to make my character move, his movements are WAY off. It looks like this is because his new body parts are much shorter and stockier than the character I started with. How can I 'recalibrate' his body parts so that his movements look natural?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Put the character on the stage and then take it into composer mode.
There you can re-align the pivot points (the red, green & yellow dots) to get the proper movements.
You can also re-size and rotate each sprite as needed.

Not that there can be multiple sprites per body part and each sprite has to be adjusted individually.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

arkenstone22
arkenstone22
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Adjusting the pivot points fixed my problems. Thanks! I'm loving this program more as I go. BigGrin
Edited
11 Years Ago by arkenstone22

Reading This Topic