iClone Avatar Toolkit2 Release

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
Bruce (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago

The all new iClone plug-in for character creation, Avatar Toolkit2 is here. Avatar Toolkit2 is a complete 3D avatar creation system that allows you to freely design and assemble your own animatable characters. It also comes with an intuitive control system that not only allows you to customize every detail and expression on your character's face, but also determine the way they are animated as well!

With the release of the Avatar Toolkit2, we would like to introduce the exciting ToonMaker pack which provides users with the resources to extend their design options with 4 main cartoon body styles. In the mean time, we have repacked the Monster Workshop pack as well. All Monster Workshop assets are totally compatible with ToonMaker, and can be freely exchanged.

For those of you who already have Monster Workshop, download the Monster Workshop Repack here:

http://file.reallusion.com/ic/c21n22/Motion_Monster_Workshop.exe

http://file.reallusion.com/ic/Puppet_Controller.exe

Please Note: The Avatar Controller (aka Puppet Controller) has been updated on the 3rd December 2013 to correct an issue with auto-blink. Please download again using the link above and re-install.

We also have a series of tutorials for learning Avatar Toolkit, click here to check out all the tutorials.

Note: To use Avatar Tookit2, please update iClone to the latest(V5.51) version first.

What’s New in Avatar Toolkit2

Users who have already purchased Monster Workshop can find the major feature upgrades here.

• Define Your Own Puppet Accessories with the Avatar Builder.

Previously, users could only puppet accessories included in the Monster Workshop; With the Avatar Toolkit2, you can now import any 3D prop as the puppet target.

• Puppet Any Prop

Before the Avatar Toolkit2, you could only puppet character accessories. Now, you’re able to attach any prop to your characters and puppet it. Your imagination is the only limit! To make any item puppet-ready, just attach it to the enclosed Dummy Character and then make the dummy itself invisible.

• Create and Customize Facial Expression Templates

iClone was previously limited to puppet-controlling presets for custom accessories like eyes, brows, and ears. Now you can combine your own custom definitions for each accessory to create and animate your own facial expressions.

Avatar Toolkit2 allows you to animate accessories simultaneously with facial expression definitions taken from the Facial Puppet tool for a complete facial performance in a single pass.

Characters can be either bone or morph-based, giving you a high level of flexibility when adding your own unique target expressions.

• Set Auto-alignment Definitions

Users now have the ability to save character alignment information in puppet accessories, making your applied accessories literally snap to the correct position of any character models you have input alignment data for.

• Assign a unique Avatar ID for automatic accessory alignment

To maintain auto alignment data of all avatar toolkit family content, we request that all content developers follow the same Avatar ID naming rule to avoid conflict:  Author_PackName_CharacterName

eg.

RL_ToonMaker_Stout / _Curvy / _Junior / _Athletic

RL_Monster_Indigo / _Cherry / _Grochu

• Spring and Puppet Animation Capabilities in the Same Accessory

Previously, a single prop could not contain both spring and puppet animation data, limiting flexibility. Avatar Toolkit2 allows you to store both spring and puppet data in the same prop, allowing for more creative freedom in your workflow.

Once you setup a character with assigned accessories, you can use the timeline to switch between physics behavior or active puppet behavior You can also make hybrid animations by puppeteering the accessory root bone while allowing the child bones to be governed by physics, resulting in natural spring and swaying effects.

• Detach the Puppet Panel from the 3D View and Move it Freely!

Those with low-res monitors or limited screen size, rejoice! Your control panels are limited to the 3D view area no more.

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

VES
VES
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Will this toolkit count toward the $299 amount to receive the free Crazy Talk Animator 2 Pipeline?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
i love this, awesome work, thank you! w00t

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Questions for RL...

Shall I re-install the re-packed Monster plug-in provided in this thread only if I buy the Avatar Toolkit 2 ?
Or does the re-packed version contain some new features for the Monster workshop, which are independent from the Avatar Toolkit ?

Also, it would be nice to see some tutorial to give some user cases about the integration between the Facial Pipeline and this new avatar toolkit plug-in.

Thanks

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
11 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Shall I re-install the re-packed Monster plug-in provided in this thread only if I buy the Avatar Toolkit 2 ?
Or does the re-packed version contain some new features for the Monster workshop, which are independent from the Avatar Toolkit ?

yes same question here

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello

I have installed it and although I have not tested it fully yet it seems ok.

The puppet controller now resides in Props/Avatar Toolkit Vol 2

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Worth noting that as far as I can tell you only get the updated puppet controller - there is no sign of the other parts of avatar controller 2 (eg build controller, dummies etc)
Cricky
ExclamationMark
Cricky
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
You may want to have someone spell check things before getting out the demo(s).

This is one that is obviously not right.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 minutes ago
RobertoColombo (11/16/2013)
Questions for RL...

Also, it would be nice to see some tutorial to give some user cases about the integration between the Facial Pipeline and this new avatar toolkit plug-in.

Thanks

You will need the updated Monster Workshop pack if you install the new Puppet Controller. Otherwise no.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 minutes ago
toonarama (11/16/2013)
Worth noting that as far as I can tell you only get the updated puppet controller - there is no sign of the other parts of avatar controller 2 (eg build controller, dummies etc)

If you have purchased the Avatar Toolkit2 you should have the Avatar Controller and Avatar Builder in Set > Props > Avatar Toolkit Vol.2. You also get 11 sample projects and 2 dummy tools plus the Dummy Non-Human Character.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic