Profile Picture

Export png sequence with transparent background

Posted By kris.kind 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kris.kind
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi,
i used search function and google and can't work it out.
I try to animate a face and use it on a real video in premiere CS6.
Therefor I need a transparent background. In the project settings of CTA Pro it's only possible to use a color.
I don't want to use a chroma key in Premiere. Any possibility to export that animated face with alpha channel?

Of course the face has transparent background but the projects background is exportet and can't be removed.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi kris.kind,

Welcome to the forum!

try making your png 32 bit - then it will export with transparency settings Wink

Cheers!

Edited
11 Years Ago by planetstardragon
kris.kind
kris.kind
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)Senior Member (260 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks, it actually does work. I imported my render to gimp and there is a transparent backgrounf behind the face. Have to manage to import it to premiere Pro CS6... Thank you!!!
Edited
11 Years Ago by kris.kind
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Export with solid Color Background should work . I exported every my animated Characters as png sequence for 2D game assets and BG is transparency.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
vidi (9/25/2013)
Export with solid Color Background should work . I exported every my animated Characters as png sequence for 2D game assets and BG is transparency.

Hey vidi, aren't you the one that pointed out Construct 2? If so, thanx... I really really enjoy working with that engine. Have any tips on how you export your characters for it? Meaning, for example, do you create a bunch of animations then export them all out or do you create a dedicated walk animation, a dedicated jumping animation, etc?

I've tried doing just a walk sequence but have some issues on getting just one cycle exported out. Do you have any tips for that?

Regardless, thanx for the info about C2 again, it's really is put together very well.
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

I create the animation clips and export it in separate folder as Idle ,Walk ... ect

Also e.g. I make the eyes seperatly, attach it on the Character with Imagespoint so I can make a randomly blink . Also then I use Container

In CTA the pre animations like walk, run is a cycle.
Most I export it as 12 frame Animation , to have not so many frames. It is not necessary for 2D Games .If the Animation had 12 Frames In the Animation edior in Construct I set Speed 12 then.

liebe Grüße vidi

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

vidi (9/26/2013)
I create the animation clips and export it in separate folder as Idle ,Walk ... ect

Also e.g. I make the eyes seperatly, attach it on the Character with Imagespoint so I can make a randomly blink . Also then I use Container

In CTA the pre animations like walk, run is a cycle.
Most I export it as 12 frame Animation , to have not so many frames. It is not necessary for 2D Games .If the Animation had 12 Frames In the Animation edior in Construct I set Speed 12 then.

But when I apply a walk cycle it keeps going until I manually stop it, using the puppeteering panel, although not actively puppeteering. You know, where you can modify the aspects of the walk cycle... Arm sway, stride length, bounce, etc... It records the action when you hit the space bar and keeps going until you hit the space bar again. Is there any easy way, or a tip to do it this way (again for a custom walk), but only pull out the appropriate frames that make up 1 single cycle? Or do you apply the generic walk cycle from the actions in the content manager?

It's important because if you don't get the correct frames, when you attempt to build the sprite animation, it will not look right. That's the issue I have, is in knowing which frames make 1 and only 1 complete cycle?
kurzal
kurzal
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago

--------
Igor

Edited
11 Years Ago by kurzal
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You can Use the Motion Libary
http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/promo/CTA-Big_Combo/default_Motion.aspx

Or you can ungrouped you puppet Clip on the timline .
So you get access to the keys
Extract the cycle , remove the unnecessary keys and copied the first key and set after the last Key.

Keep it simple, because you make a game not a animation
Jumping Ani eg. can only 2-3 Frame be, because the transform is with "programming"

liebe Grüße vidi

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I had avoided the motion library clip, because it's so very generic. I like the customization in the walk cycle. But the tip of breaking the clip and just pulling the specific keyframes is a great idea. Thanx vidi...

Reading This Topic