Problem creating Crazytalk Animator props with Flash

Posted By webdefender 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
webdefender
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
I am having a problem importing Flash files to use as props. I have an object that appears gradually over the course of the animation. My problem is that I want the animation to pause on the last frame. It doesn't look like there is a straight forward was to accomplish this. So my solution was to create 2 swfs, one with the animation and one with only the last frame. The problem is the default center for each is different so when I do a sprite replacement, the replacement sprite completely changes position. Any ideas?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If your animated prop has a static beginning and/or ending then you will need separate static images for the beginning and/or ending. (See my tut on using animated props HERE).

You use the Prop Composer mode to assemble the various images for your animated prop.
When you import the various "sprites" in the Prop Composer mode you must align/size them there as you would for various body parts such as the different eye, mouth, etc. sprites.

It is helpful to have a single template (static image) of all the combined image positions needed and imported as a separate prop. Then you can add the template prop temporarily to the prop to use as an alignment and sizing guide.

Once all the images (i.e. sprites) are imported then you can use the prop on the stage and switch between the static and animated sprites as needed when needed.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
11 Years Ago by jlittle
webdefender
webdefender
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Thanks,
Those videos are great and very helpful. The problem I have is that the animated version starts with a blank frame. That makes it a little harder to align, but it can be done. Thanks for the helpful reply and links.

Reading This Topic