Pop Convertor won't export

Posted By tuttut_nut 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tuttut_nut
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I have had the software as a trial a few years back and it worked fine, so I bought it now as I need it for the work i do. Struggling to produce anything with it. It takes forever at the "encoding video stream" stage and eventually I just give up and try the more reliable Sony Vegas Pro. Very frustrating having software I am unable to use that would make my life much easier.
I have noticed (now) that it only seems to go to Windows 7 and I have Windows 8 installed. Could this be the problem? I have tried AVI and MOV formats but whatever I do. It doesn't want to know. I have a Radeon Graphics card and it is set to high performance, so I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
popVideo Converter 2 will use the video codecs you have installed on your computer. So if you have recently moved from Windows 7 to Windows 8 all your video codecs you used to have are no longer there, which is likely why you are now encountering problems.

You just need to ensure you have suitable set of codecs installed in Windows 8 and you should have no problems. I'm using Windows 8 without any issues with popVideo Converter.

I will say it is almost essential you also have a good quality video converter such as the free Format Factory because there will always be some video formats not supported by PC2 that will need converting.

For me I use DivX or Xvid for AVI, WMV works almost perfectly straight out of the box, and if you want to use MOV format then you will need to install the latest QuickTime software.

I hope this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic