Profile Picture

Is it possible to copy and paste objects from a project into another?

Posted By torresroberto 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is it possible to copy and paste objects from a project into another?

Author
torresroberto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hi, I have several projects that I want to copy/paste or import into a single project, is this possible? Hehe
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
nah, not directly anyway....

a way to do it is to create a folder in your prop tab that will have all the parts you want in one scene.

then open your scenes and individually save the props you want to that folder. When you call them into the file you want, the new saved file should save it's location so it will fall into place if you wanted to keep everything where it was at. Otherwise, center your prop before saving so the coordinates will start from center.

Good luck!

torresroberto
torresroberto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)

What if I did create a complex animation using the Timeline and other tools, would these steps help me not to do all the work I did?
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
saving animated scenes to merge with or use in others is something I wished iClone did too Wink
all my other software suites do.
you can save all the components in non-animated scenes as props by parenting all the components to one item, eg a ground plane
just select them all by holding shift and attach them to the unselected item.
then save it as a prop.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Depends upon what you mean by a complex animation.

For each actor you can save motion clips for custom motions and facial expressions for reuse.
You can save a group of props as a scene which can be loaded in other projects (Note that only one scene can be loaded at a time in a project).
You can group multiple props into a single prop for use in other animations.
You can save the current project as a different project, load that project copy and just modify those elements that need it.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
12 Years Ago by jlittle
torresroberto
torresroberto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Jeff, I believe your CTA videos are the best I have seen in YouTube. Reallusion oughta hire you to do all training videos.

Reading This Topic