Thanks for Your Submissions

Posted By Bruce (RL) 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Bruce (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Dear CrazyTalk Animators,

Finally the AnimationSalad Competition, which is the first contest for CrazyTalk Animator, has come to an end. We would like to thank all the competitors who have submitted their creative works with CrazyTalk Animator. You can go and enjoy all these great works on the event page.

http://www.reallusion.com/event/11-crazytalkcontest/animationsalad_video.asp?cmd=search 

Make sure you've submitted your video entry through our event page and completed the form. If you had submitted your video entry before 10/31 but it didn't show up on the event page, please leave your message and post your video under this thread. We'll confirm with the list of all the video entries before 11/10.

Thanks for your submissions again!!

Your Reallusion Staff

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

colour
colour
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Bruce (RL) (11/1/2011)
Dear CrazyTalk Animators,

Finally the AnimationSalad Competition, which is the first contest for CrazyTalk Animator, has come to an end. We would like to thank all the competitors who have submitted their creative works with CrazyTalk Animator. You can go and enjoy all these great works on the event page.

http://www.reallusion.com/event/11-crazytalkcontest/animationsalad_video.asp?cmd=search 

Make sure you've submitted your video entry through our event page and completed the form. If you had submitted your video entry before 10/31 but it didn't show up on the event page, please leave your message and post your video under this thread. We'll confirm with the list of all the video entries before 11/10.

Thanks for your submissions again!!

Your Reallusion Staff

Is there a Public (Community) vote?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce (RL)
Bruce (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)

We won't have a public vote in AnimationSalad. However, I think it's a good idea to have a public vote. Maybe we can try it in future competition. Smile

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Bruce (RL) (11/1/2011)
We won't have a public vote in AnimationSalad. However, I think it's a good idea to have a public vote. Maybe we can try it in future competition. Smile

A community vote needs to be very carefully administered as, for instance in Facebook-based votes, it has more to do with how many FB friends someone can drum up than with the quality of the video. Also, allowing "daily" votes should be a no-no. So, I'm afraid I'm not too exited about the prospect in general.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Is it any worse than the "views" criteria that is used in the Animation Salad contest? Id rather have a vote from peers in a relatively small community than try to figure out a way to promote my little flick to the faceless masses or hope I added some element of timeliness or sensationalism that could garner attention. My two cents anyhow.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
13 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
studevette
studevette
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

I am not sure if the "views" are a good way to judge in the contest. My vid is not even available anymore, and in the forum I have the most views. But hey I'll take a prize.

Studevette
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
thebiz.movies (11/2/2011)
Is it any worse than the "views" criteria that is used in the Animation Salad contest? Id rather have a vote from peers in a relatively small community than try to figure out a way to promote my little flick to the faceless masses or hope I added some element of timeliness or sensationalism that could garner attention. My two cents anyhow.

I agree with you there. What I meant by Facebook votes and votes in similar contests that I have been involved in amounted to people with large networks (Friends) having the advantage... And "views" sounds as bad, so I'm not in favor of that. A true community vote not involving social media or just a good old jury is to be preferred. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

studevette (11/2/2011)
I am not sure if the "views" are a good way to judge in the contest. My vid is not even available anymore, and in the forum I have the most views. But hey I'll take a prize.

Sorry Stud,

The views are based on where you uploaded your video (ie.  Vimeo, youtube), not the forum post.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
mellormedia
mellormedia
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
1st Order iClonian Veteran, retired.

1st Order iClonian Veteran, retired. (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
animagic (11/2/2011)

I agree with you there. What I meant by Facebook votes and votes in similar contests that I have been involved in amounted to people with large networks (Friends) having the advantage... And "views" sounds as bad, so I'm not in favor of that. A true community vote not involving social media or just a good old jury is to be preferred. 

animagic - would you be willing to personally hand pick the 'good old jury'?Wink

Why bother creating a piece of media if not as a medium to 'engage/entertain/encourage/enlighten' an audience? Even a piece created for a 'selected few' to view is media created for the society of 'selected'.

As for Facebook & other social media groups - when your production is finished, is it not right to go the extra mile and promote it? It's the faceless masses that matter to the media's measure, not the maker's mindset.

Lastly - the rules of the competition were there for potential entrants to consider prior to participation.

Good Day, Mellor

Edited
13 Years Ago by mellormedia
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mellormedia (11/4/2011)
animagic (11/2/2011)

I agree with you there. What I meant by Facebook votes and votes in similar contests that I have been involved inamounted to people with large networks (Friends) having the advantage... And "views" sounds as bad, so I'm not in favor of that. A true community vote not involving social media or just a good old jury is to be preferred.

animagic - would you be willing to personally hand pick the 'good old jury'?Wink

Why bother creating a piece of mediaif not as a mediumto 'engage/entertain/encourage/enlighten' an audience? Even a piece created for a 'selected few' to view is media created for the society of 'selected'.

As for Facebook & other social media groups - when your production is finished, is it not right to go the extra mile and promote it? It's the faceless masses that matter to the media's measure, not the maker's mindset.

Lastly - the rules of the competition were there for potential entrants to consider prior to participation.

Good Day, Mellor

Hey Mellor,
I read the rules (very closely) and agreed to them before I submitted any entree. This contest has a jury (albiet a largely unknown one) that decides the majority of the vote for every category but the "most popular" one. I'm just saying that given a choice in future contests I would prefer a vote from folks that do the kinds of things I do (animate using CTA or Iclone) as opposed to a video views based scenario.

If I decided to make a movie about the bullet that killed Osama (a dancing, singing bullet no doubt) or something equally sensational then I would probably have garnered more video views. But instead of worrying about what would get tthe most views, I created the story that I wanted to tell. Also, the choice about where to upload your video becomes a part of the game. Will I get more views on Vimeo or on Youtube? Where should I embed this movie. How should I promote it (sensationally or professionally - and so we are clear, there is nothing inherently wrong with being sensational, its simply a choice we make). There are a lot of factors involved in the contest that have nothing to do with making the best animated short that you can. A community vote would cut through some of these issues but would no doubt open up others.

In summation, Im not complaining about this contest's criteria but as an RL spokesman brought the issue to light, I wanted to voice my opinion about future possibilities.

Edited

Reading This Topic